Chapter 15- Come With Me

Luc: " Well shit... I didn't see that one coming. I believe it though. I mean I just felt it. But why hide it?"

"Aldi said it was for my protection."

"Make sense. If the other shifters knew about you when we were little, that could have caused a huge problem. But NOW! IT'S GREAT NEWS!"

"How you figured that Luc? I have enough on my plates as it is, I don't care to be the King of Kings."

"Yea Yea Yea... But it's good news now, because you are sure to win against Mathieu."

"Even without the extra power, I would have won against that loser. Even you could win against him."

"I'll try not to take offense... But in all seriousness, Mathieu is no longer the sniveling conniving moron he was when we were growing up. His dad did not willingly gave up his pride to him. He challenged his own father and almost killed the old man."

"Mathieu ??? That is hard to believe."

"He changed man, in more ways than one."

"Explain."

They walked towards his office, where he poured two drinks and sat them on the coffee table in front of his couch, where his brother was already perched with his legs up.

"Mathieu has been taking steroids."

Henri narrowed his eyes and shrug. So what if he was. That doesn't work on shifters.

Luc: " I know what you are thinking. But this isn't normal steroids. The man found a way to bioengineer a substance that can alter our genetic codes. He has gotten taller, and his muscles are comically huge. I mean it, they look funny but they are nonetheless huge muscles. "

" Why wasn't I informed of this Luc?"

"Dad told me no to bother you and that he'd handle it."

Henri scoffed and ran his fingers through his hair. I guess he didn't handle it then.

"Something else you don't know."

"What else?"

"Mathieu has been meticulously conquering smaller prides around Tanzania. So he basically runs the second biggest pride on the mainland. I guess he figured he was big enough now to move in on our island and take the throne."

"I have to talk to Natalia."

"So Lia really is your mate?"

"Yes, Aldi confirmed it."

"I felt it."

"What do you mean?"

"As soon as I met her, I felt it. You may not have taken the oath yet bro, but my cat already accepted you as our King, so which means she is to be our Queen. As soon as I met her, I felt the need to protect her.... And it doesn't hurt that she is drop dead gorgeous you lucky bastard! "

Henri groaned in annoyance. Another male and he'd be on the floor begging for his life. But his brother will never change, and he loved his brother. He also know he'd never try anything with-Lia? -nope kitten it is.

" What are you going to tell her? Are you going to tell her the truth? How do you think she will react?"

FOR goddess sakes!

"Non, I cannot tell her anything yet, except that there's an emergency and I have go back for now. This type of talk deserves more time than we have for now."

"I had your assistant fix up your luggage. As soon as the plane is ready again, we'll leave."

"Good thanks. Have Tony and Mark stay behind with her. They could stay in the shadows like they always are. I don't want to frighten her but I also don't want her to be alone."