❊ Chapter 16 ❊

stealing two hearts with one
———————————

stealing two hearts with one———————————

———————————

* obligatory gore warning! proceed with caution, it gets a bit heavy this chapter. *

* hope you enjoy! *

:)

———————————

S1:E11: Trouble x with x the Gamble

———————————

"Here we go!"

Leroute giggled softly as she held a closed fist up. Leorio reeled back at the sudden call, fumbling to meet hers for the final rock-paper-scissors match. His mind flooded with uncertainty as she counted down happily.

"Here. . . comes the draw!"

". . ."

Leorio stared down in slight horror at the showdown of hands. He had refused to open up, revealing a closed fist. Leroute had him exactly where she had planned, through mind games and forcing him into a state of unease. She confidently held her palm open.

Paper beats rock - and it's gonna take everything for Leorio to live this down.

His face fell further into a disbelieving frown as a ding sounded out in the room. The gamble score was now 100-0, in Leruote's complete favor.

Soon after, Leruote burst out into joyous laughter, spinning around the platform happily.

"I win, yay!" She giggled and settled on her side of the platform, grinning once more when another ding sounded.

Leorio scowled softly at the singular point presented on the examiner's side. No matter what, he knew they would be able to pass on. Still, the irritation of not only losing the win streak but losing as horrendously as he did — it was bound to have him in a sour mood for at least a few hours.

With a score of 3-1, the group was already clear to pass the room.

However - as Lippo eventually interjected - the applicants still had to fight all five battles, whether or not they were already passing. It sounds ridiculous, of course; but in practice, it's a simple way to force more time to pass while giving the examiners a small shot to keep the applicants for as long as they wanted. As were the rules of this certain section of the tower.

Speaking of time, the group now had none. Great job, Leorio - betting off 50 hours out of the 59 hours and 45 minutes they had left. Totally not gonna have great consequences later.