❊ Chapter 2 ❊

make a wish
———————————

 make a wish———————————

———————————

* This one gets pretty gory, so this is just a small warning before the chapter starts! *

* Get comfy. This is a long one :) *

* Enjoy! *

———————————

Huh. That's an awful lot of people.

"Do they all work here too, Miss Canary?" M/N hummed as they approached the employee residence, or "butler's quarters" as Canary called it.

"Yes. They should be able to guide you to the main residence." Canary replied.

Hopefully not all of them. That would be too crowded.

M/N frowned as he considered his guide's words. "Wait, you aren't taking us?"

Canary glanced at him in confusion. "No. I have to get back to my post soon."

"Oh, I see." M/N frowned. "Well, it was nice to meet you, Miss Canary!"

She stared at him, her gaze softened slightly. "Mhm. It was nice to meet you, too. Now, you should get going soon."

"Just wondering, how far is the main residence?" Elias chimed in.

M/N forgot he was even there for a bit.

"Not that far. Though, I can't tell you an exact time."

Canary arranged herself beside the rest of the butlers, who stood in a dedicated line.  Around seven were present. Not many, but it was still enough to completely intimidate the two brothers.

A tall middle-aged man stepped up from the line of employees, along with a younger-looking woman.

"Greetings." He bowed down. How formal! "My name is Gotoh. I shall guide you to the main residence. Please follow me." He walked off without another word. Elias and M/N followed close behind as the remaining butlers simply returned to their previous positions.

M/N sent a small wave towards Canary, who was on her way back down the path. The action caused her to pause for a moment. She gave a small nod in return, hiding a small smile as she watched the group wander towards the estate.

M/N hummed happily, hopping next to the two butlers guiding him.

"My name is M/N! This is my brother Elias." He gestured, pointing his finger to the both of them making sure he got his point across. He turned to the young woman with a chirp, "And you?"