❊ Chapter 1 ❊

road trip!
———————————

road trip!———————————

———————————

* Final Warning! The following chapters (1 & 2) contain HEAVY SPOILERS. Read at your own risk! *

* if you're fine with this, then enjoy! *

———————————

"Good Morning Elias!"

M/N chirped happily. His face brightened as soon as he saw his bedroom door open slightly. 

Elias peeked his head through the cracked-open door, struggling to push his way through for a moment. He winced slightly at his brother's volume before finally propping the door open with his foot. 

"Good morning to you too, M/N." 

M/N simply stared at him in slight amusement. Though, his smile grew wider at the sight of breakfast in Elias's hands. A plate of fluffy pancakes, topped with some fruits and syrup, was the pick for the day. Pretty simple, but M/N appreciated it nonetheless.

Giving a small sigh of relief, Elias took his seat beside M/N on the cold hardwood floor. The two sat relaxed for a few moments, the youngest being ecstatic to see his brother again after a night of loneliness. 

An overwhelming sweetness flooded his tastebuds, making him hum in brief happiness. 

"I actually have some news today, M/N." Elias eventually began.

M/N's head perked up almost instantly. He hummed curiously in response as Elias continued; "We'll be going out on a trip. Visiting some noble family up in the mountains or something like that."

He paused to take a bite of his pancakes as M/N gasped.

"R—??"

M/N abruptly burst into a fit of coughs, patting his chest rapidly. Elias stifled a small laugh as he passed over a bottle of water, which the boy accepted graciously.

"Calm down!" 

It took a few heavy gulps of water and some time to settle down before M/N spoke again with a wide, goofy smile. "Really?? We get to go somewhere new?"

Elias nodded, giving a smile in return.

 "Yeah! Although, it'll take a while to get there so we should start packing."

M/N's grin only widened. "How long will we be staying there??"

"Just a couple of hours hopefully. The packing part is mostly just for the trip over there." Elias clarified.

M/N's face fell slightly at the idea of a short stay. But, it quickly settled into another bright smile as he visibly shook in excitement. 

"Aha! We get to go on a road trip!" He squealed.