Chapter 34 - Should Have Not Dealt

It's all surreal.

I wanted to cry because I know what I'm doing is not what I came for in his room. I just wanted to make sure he's alright. But tonight, I ended up in his arms, scorching with fire inside me and trembling with pleasurable discomfort.

It doesn't take me too long to begin reciprocating the passion his mouth and tongue are doing. He holds me so close to his body as though he owns all of me. His fiery kisses are sending sparks all over my being, and all I could do is gasp in resignation and let Hunter take over me—his mouth, his touch, and his body.

I am lost.

There are so many things in my head, but they are all wiped out when Hunter's rough kisses turn slow and gentle. He proves himself to be an expert teaser. His mouth is not far behind when it comes to coaxing and seduction.

Slowly, his lips part from mine to travel down to my neck. Something crazy is going on in my stomach. I don't know what it is, but it feels odd and unsettling, yet it's not something I want to be stopped. I have felt this way before, except this time, I don't feel as apprehensive as I was before.

Do I want this?

Do I want Hunter to take over me completely?

Do I want him?

I have my eyes closed as I let pleasure devour me. As free as a bird, I let myself be taken away by the heat and the ecstasy his touch and kiss brings to me as a soft moan escapes my throat.

Yes, I want this.

Yes, I want Hunter to take all of me.

Yes, I want him.

His hand that was on my hips finds its place at the hem of my robe, slinking through the small opening until I feel him untying it expertly with just one hand.

The silky fabric fell off my body, revealing only my night dress. No matter how underdressed I am, coldness seems to be of no concern. Not even the post-storm winds could take away the sweltering heat surging within me. I feel extremely hot, my skin nips with electricity as it touches the hardness of his physique.

Hunter's gaze has purged the indifference away. It's pure passion and desire now... fiery and poignant.

I am careful not to touch his injured arm. Despite it cleaned and wrapped with new bandages, the wound is still new.

"I love you so much I could hardly breathe," he says, murmuring on top of my cheek.

"What?" I pull back, my lips swollen.

What did he just say?

"What did you say?" I don't know what I should feel about this. I feel like I am standing at the edge of the cliff with some invisible force trying to push me off it.

"I said I love you," he says in one breath.

His words come flooding to my head as my set beliefs try to push them away.

In an instance, I feel the warmth fan into flames. The tempest in my chest rebels against the walls as though it wants to break out. My face is about to explode.

Hunter, with his pointer finger, brushes my jaw and fixes his eyes on me.

"Did you hear me, Angel?"

I don't know.

I don't know if I heard him right.

He shouldn't see me like this.

He should not.

"No," I answer. "I don't think I heard you quite well."

The side of his mouth curves into a shy smile.