Chapter 17 - Mrs. Stone

Chapter 17 – Mrs. Stone

 As the touch of sunlight finds its place on my face, my eyelids have to flicker multiple times to let my sight adjust to it, and my fingers contact the corner of my forehead to get a clearer view of the window.

The curtains are raised up high and air breezes in to the room easily.

I slowly rise up and help myself into a sitting position. I still feel heaviness and some cracking pain in my head, and yet the first thing I check when I realize I am in a foreign place is the necklace Dad gave me. It’s not there! My neck area is empty. It’s gone!

However, what struck me most is the dawning on me of the horrifying realization.

Anxiety rises up as I search the entire room for answers or even assurance that my guts could be wrong this time. After the reality of last night’s incident with Hunter and Colin sinks into my cerebrum, I just feel I am in the wrong place. After I passed out, I remembered nothing.

This must be Stone’s place. The room is huge with walls painted with immaculate white and the floor marbled with few areas enveloped with what I deem a soft fury carpet. The furniture are modern and chick—all in white, black and gray. The bed is gigantic with covers so thick but light. Mirrors and glasses are everywhere which makes everything in here so fragile and untouchable. Just fit for a bachelor.

As I shift my attention back to his bed, an unconceivable thought crosses my mind.

This can’t be Hunter’s bed room, can it?

I feel my soul escaping my body and I am left with nothing but a terrible future to face.

The other side of the bed seems untouched so I don’t think he slept beside me. And I still have my undergarments beneath only a huge gray t-shirt which apparently belongs to him. My legs are bare, but I don’t think he could do something to an innocent and unconscious girl like me. Just the thought of it sends cold and horror to my spine, and yet my face has grown warm.

The door creaks open and in seconds appear a man in wet sweat shirt. I quickly pull the covers over my body and wrap my heated face with my palms.

“Do you feel better now?” Hunter quickly reaches for a bottle of water and drinks from it. He could have had his morning jogging or exercise as his hair goes everywhere on his head and he speaks catching his breath.

“Why did you bring me here?” I try to sound a little threatening.

“I just can’t leave you unconscious on the streets, can I?”

“But why in here?” With my brow arched to my hairline, I add, “You could have brought me to my place.”

His lips form a thin line. But my eyes are drawn to the slabs of muscles he has on his flat-board abdomen after he takes his sweat shirt off his body and tosses it to the chair beside him. He walks towards a walk-in closet which door is as huge as real doors. I extend my neck so that I can see what is inside his majestic closet. And I am not disappointed. As a businessman, he has all the right to keep tons of business suits and shirts in there. The walk-in closet appears to be larger than my room, or even twice the size of our living room. I can only wish for something like this. It’s too great for even a dream.

His place must cost a fortune though.

From inside the closet, he speaks, answering my question, “If you worry about your parents, then don’t. I have called them this morning, informed them that you slept with me.”

Slept with him?

Is he serious? Did he really tell them?

Oh God! I could only think of how dad and mom perceive it. Dad could have a heart attack.