Preview: Chapter 1 - Moving On

My eyes scan for a five-foot tall man—well, 5’7” to be exact—coming down the elevator of terminal 2. I hold my cold hands together. It has been six months after my graduation, and since that day, I have never seen or even talked to him. I know I have wronged him in so many ways. And I can’t imagine the pain he’s gone through because of my betrayal. I begged for his forgiveness for days but it seemed that he was not ready to hear me out. Instead, he flew out of Jersey, and went to some place I do not know.

A smile gradually forms on my face when I catch a glimpse of him coming down the elevator. Our eyes meet for seconds—and right there, I know I am forgiven. The unaffected look on his face melts away after seeing me almost teary-eyed. It must have touched his heart of stone.

By the time he reaches the elevator’s landing, I quickly throw myself at him. My arms around his waist, my face on the curve of his neck. He smells lovely as usual.

“I’m glad you’re back,” I say after I wipe a tear off the edge of my eye.

His hands go straightly to my arms, press them lightly as though gauging the remaining muscle mass I have in there.

“You’ve lost so much weight, Angel,” he hisses. His eyes looking empathetic as ever.

“You left me! That’s why!” I tease.

He rolls his eyes on me, then take me by the arm, and we start walking.

“You  know how much I love you,” says he. “I even came back because I think we need to fix this thing between us. And I’m really glad it’s over.”

“No more lies,” I reply.

“No more lies?”

“I swear.”

NOTE for my Readers: Hello everyone! Sorry for letting you wait. The good news is, I think I already have some free time to continue writing. Above is a preview of the first chapter of the second book, Should Have Not Dealt. I hope you will still continue supporting my work, and enjoy and love this new offering as much as  you did with Should Have Not Asked. Can't wait to hear from you.

Love, Cordelia