Chapter 13 - Wingless Angel

Chapter 13 – Wingless Angel

Classical music fills my almost dim room. I don’t know how it happened but beginning the day I nursed Dad while Mom was working for the family and I still hoping for any job opportunities, listening to soft and mellow classics severely helped me battle out the growing depression. Honestly, if it weren’t also because of Dad’s gift to me, the necklace, I would have probably lost self-confidence and totally start seeing myself as a hopeless loser. Just knowing that it is with me wherever I go, I feel strong and hopeful.

 It is painful to see Mom leave in the morning while I do nothing for the family. Since the day Dad has returned from the hospital, all I did was watch him finish his meals and accompany him in the living room every 8 at night waiting for his favorite crime series. He’s already well per Eric Martin’s words, though we still have to be careful with his activities and the food he eats.

But the wheel of fortune has turned again and I’m a hundred percent sure it won’t be against me this time. Four days in complete wilderness was barely tolerable, however, this time I am fully armored to face anything that goes against my fortune.

I have found a job!

Yes! I have found a job in a magazine publishing house, a small one but it’s better than being jobless. MediaOne was in need of a female Publicity Assistant two days ago, so when I found their ad on the internet, I quickly e-mailed them my application. And just this morning, I was interviewed and immediately hired.

Of course both Mom and Dad are delighted. It’s farewell forever to depression.

Before I climb into bed, I pull out an envelope from my drawer. I know I should have rid of this contract the very first time I had my eyes laid upon it. It’s nothing but pure rubbish.

My eyes scan for the part I stopped reading.

Should I even be reading this? I ask myself.

Great! My hands seem to have minds of their own that they start skipping the pages until I arrive at page 3 to where I stopped.

Nosy silly me.

I sit on my bed with my back resting at the head part supported with three large pillows under. There is enough light from the lamp on my nightstand so it’s not impossible for me to read whatever nonsense is in Hunter’s head. I quickly turn off the music channel on my tablet for I think I need absolute silence to comprehend the piece of garbage.

So I stopped at the Job Title and Description. I scroll down and find the continuing clauses.

  ______________________________________________

1.      The Employee agrees to be employed on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement. The Employee agrees to be the subject to the general supervision of and act pursuant to the orders, advice, and direction of the Employer.

2.      The Employee agrees to abide the Employer’s rules, regulations, and practices including those concerning work schedules and vacations, as they may from time to time be adopted or modified.

Employment Compensation

3.      Compensation paid to the Employee for the services rendered by the Employee as required by this Agreement (the “Compensation”) will be 20,000 USD payable once a month excluding special bonuses and will directly be transferred to Employee’s bank account in which only the Employer and Employee has direct access with.