// 014 //

"Are you seriously going to wear that?"

NARUTO'S words had been laced with shards of ice.

Resting one shoulder against the doorframe of her bedroom - the room, which he had since lost permission to enter - the blonde Shinobi stared at the girl as she got ready for a night out with her co-workers.

Wearing nothing else but a light, soft-pink summer dress and white, lace up platform sandals, she looked like a piece of candy he wanted to suck on for days. Her skin; smooth and pampered, was practically glowing inside the dimly-lit room; straight spine turned towards him despite the question he had voiced.

Naruto crossed his arms over his chest in subtle disfavour as he watched her apply her cherry lip gloss. He had never seen her this... Dolled up before, and thus wasn't sure how to feel about it. "y/n."

She winced slightly at the stern tone he had used to say her name. Still applying her make-up, she mumbled a disinterested, "What?"

He stared as she pushed onto the tips of her toes in her little sandals, the hem of her dress rising slightly with the action.
Naruto tried; fought not to stare at the exposed skin of the back of her thighs and the way the thin strings of the sandals tied up around her ankles, but found himself being physically unable to look away.

He loosed a sigh and tried to stifle the sudden awakening of his cock by clenching his thighs repeatedly. The sweatpants were doing him absolutely no favour in hiding the sudden excitement to wash over him. The tent he was setting up was making him cringe inwardly.

Why was he rock hard from just staring at her?

"I asked," he mumbled, clearing his throat, "if you're serious about wearing that?"

The wand in her hand halted its tracing midway her plump bottom lip. She didn't want to make him know just how much she still cared about his opinion, but she just couldn't help it. Her nerves were dripping with anxiety, and they made her want to bury herself six feet under.
So, she flicked a hasty glance towards him in the mirror. Eyed the obvious outline on the grey cotton. It made her chest tighten as she mumbled, "Is it too much?"

"Too little." His voice was strained; harsh - like he was holding himself back.
She wasn't sure if she wanted him to.

The heat to sear her face was exceptionally profound at the thought. Still, she scoffed, rolling her eyes in the mirror. "Seriously?"
She needed to keep pretending like she couldn't stand him. Keep up the act for long enough, until he might just believe it.

Naruto blinked at the sudden bratty behaviour to show itself in her otherwise timid demeanor. "What?"

Whirling around to glare at him, y/n sank her teeth into her bottom lip. He saw her eyes dip down to the waistband of his sweatpants. The bridge of her nose scrunched up in annoyance when she spoke, "I can wear whatever I want, Naruto."