// 007 //

DAYS passed

DAYS passed.

Naruto - by now more or less accustomed to his new reality - was spending his evening by lazily sprawling across the majority of y/n's couch, watching Youtube videos of Minecraft let's plays.

Finding content he wanted to watch had taken him a while to figure out, although fortunately for him; the everlastingly sweet y/n had been kind enough to jump to his rescue by showing him the ropes of how the webpage worked for as long as it took for him to use it on his own.
And that was how the otherwise skilful Shinobi had ended up stretching both legs on top of the small coffee table in front of the sofa that Friday evening; tapping away like an expert on the touchpad of the laptop residing on his lap.

Waiting for yet another gameplay video to load, Naruto's eyes instinctively flicked across the room. The summer-sky blue irises within instantly brightened after landing on the girl who sat on the small, wooden bar stool. He smiled at the sight of her.

y/n on the other hand, paid him no heed whatsoever.

Completely engrossed into the canvas standing on the easel before her, the young artist was focusing the entirety of her attention into her favourite pastime; painting.
The latest image - rich, opulent fields of wheat, stretching row after row underneath a summer sky of clear blue - had been the main reason Naruto had felt somewhat neglected for the last two nights in a row.

She had been painting like a maniac. Every single late afternoon, y/n sat before the easel and hunched over it into the late hours of the night, until even he was too tired to keep his eyes open.
He usually fell asleep watching her sit there; curling her shoulders inwards and working her paint-coated fingers across the canvas with expert strokes of various shades and colours. Every single time he had woken up in the middle of the night, Naruto found himself shrouded in the darkness of her cosy living room, wrapped in a blanket he never remembered grabbing. Even the easel shared his loneliness at that time.

The door leading to her bedroom was shut closed whenever he looked, because he simply had to look. The last time he had been in there was when she fought against him like her life depended on it.
He never bothered trying to approach the room again, despite wanting to. Never mustered enough courage to knock on the wooden door in the middle of the night, and ask if he could slip underneath the covers right next to her to not feel as alone.

'Coward,' Kurama commented in an instant, the sneer of his fangs tight.
Naruto brushed away the jab with a subtle frown.

Fucking hell, he was one of the strongest Shinobi there ever came to be! One that had no trouble looking terrifying villains like Madara and Kaguya right in the eye, before slamming their heads in.
Still, what use did he have of such profound daring, when it diminished entirely as soon as it came to taking a shot with a girl? A simple, human girl might he add; with no powers, nor chakra, and one he could surely break in half with just one hand alone.