// 013 //

HER grudge was unabated

A couple of days had passed ever since the argument between Naruto and y/n had taken place. With each passing moment the two had spent in tortorous ignorance towards one another, the artist had become even more quiet than usual.

She had not uttered a single word to Naruto since Monday. It was Friday now.

Every night since that dreadful day, the concerned Uzumaki had slept on the couch - alone. He also showered alone. Ate alone. Wandered about the city alone.
If by some odd chance they happened to stumble into one another, she passed by him as if he were nothing more but a mere ghost.

Naruto knew damn well that she'd walk straight through him, if given the chance. Walking right over him and stomping him six feet into the fucking ground wasn't an option, but he'd still rather see her angry and losing her shit, than watching her partake in the dull emptiness to echo within her like he was doing now.

There was nothing left of her but an empty shell, after all. The girl he had once been growing a kernel of liking towards was nowhere in sight today. The realization petrified him.

So, ever since cooling down his raging emotions on Tuesday morning, Naruto had spent every waking hour trying to make it up to her. Him, Naruto Uzumaki - the greatest Shinobi that ever came to be and the future Seventh Hokage of Konohagakure - crawling on his hands and knees, and pleading a bashful, human woman for forgiveness like a wretched sinner. Absolutely pathetic.

Still, he was determined to make it right; to smooth things out with her. To tenderly hold her heart within his broad hands after ripping it straight out of her chest, and soak it in honey in attempt of mending it.
Because that was who Naruto was - a stubborn idiot who kept licking at the wound in order to force it to heal, instead of leaving it the fuck alone.

That Friday afternoon, she had come home from work looking even more morose and silent than usual, but he didn't allow for it to drag him down. Naruto still smiled at her, no matter that she didn't even look at him. Greeted her, too, despite that she passed right by him.

He blankly stared at the television screen whilst she showered with the bathroom door nearly bolted shut, a couple of minutes later. Trying to his best ability to not picture how she looked like whilst doing it, Naruto kept switching the channels with rather fidgeting fingers, not even remotely registering a single one.

They had showered every single night together while they were still on good terms. Made love underneath the hot water, too - with her tits pressing against the cool tiles and her spine pushing against his chest as he had his way with her. Over and over again.

Naruto could almost hear the gasping moans if he thought long and hard about them enough. Could recall his name leaving her mouth with every swing his hips gave; managed to nearly feel the soft tilt of her head as it pressed to his naked shoulder. He could see her flushed face. Hear that little sound she made right before she came and gushed all over him.