// 004 //

NARUTO remained real even by the time y/n had stirred awake at noon the next day

And as for dear, little y/n; she felt exhausted. The poor girl had spent the majority of her night by talking - well, listening - to the boisterous Uzumaki.
Their conversation had ranged from swapping absurd ideas on how and why the portal possibly came to be, to exchanging basic information about themselves. All of that in attempt of getting to know each other better. In truth, the main purpose of it was to reach a functional dynamic.

Since he was going to stay with her until they figured something out, they needed to function properly, and even more importantly; Naruto and y/n needed to function efficiently. The uncanny chain of events that had been brought down upon them had forced them to become a team, after all.

Not a pair, much less partners - they both reminded themselves quietly. A team.

However after an hour, the 'basic' part of exchanging information had been steered far from rudimental, it seemed. Instead, it included everything the pair aspect of them could possibly come up with from the top of their heads.

So, that was how both Naruto and y/n got to learn every measly, little detail there was about their contrasting lives that night. As well as their separate likes, dislikes, hobbies, favourite foods, colours... Even some embarrassing secrets were shared.

Like the fact that she enjoyed drawing him from time to time, because he indeed did guess correctly when it came to spotting the admiration to linger on her delicate features. Naruto had been right all along - it truly was favouritism.
He was her favourite character; had been for years, actually!

Still, y/n did not show Naruto her work. It did not matter how he was her favourite, and that he had spent an entire aeon feverishly begging and pleading her to give him 'just a little peek' at her art.
The young artist had remained firmly stubborn on refusing and shutting down his inquisitive advances, no matter how nicely he asked.

Though, she did blush like a sucker with every hushed plea he sent her way. He could take credit for that, at least.

The flash of red that overtook her entire face at his relentless coaxing, only sparked the kernel of interest Naruto was beginning to grow for her for a second time that night.
Despite the fact that he had never particularly paid much heed to girls, the skilful Shinobi was still clever enough to acknowledge the signs of that exact favouritism.

It was the timid glances, only given to him when she thought he wasn't looking that sold her out. As well as the cautious smiles she returned to his broader ones, the profound blushing, and the way she stilled whenever they made eye contact.

Jiraiya had taught him more than just mere ninja skills, after all. There was a reason that Naruto had given the charming member of the Legendary Sannin a nickname as obscene as Pervy Sage. The Uzumaki had no doubt that the old sleaze was laughing at him in the afterlife, now.