🖤Molly🖤

requested

Who knew that such a big, strong engine would be so sweet and sensitive?

___________

The first time you met Molly, she was happily pulling some cars. She seemed so proud to be doing her job.

You soon became friends and over time got close, but one afternoon she came to you crying.

You sat upon her buffer beam and tried to calm her down. You whispered soft words and pat her framing, being as gentle as possible.

"Molly.. What happened?" You asked once her tears stopped flowing down like a waterfall.

"I-I.. I made a mistake and took the wrong tracks to try and get to the Coaling Plant quicker, but I got derailed.."

Your eyes widened but you nodded for her to go on.

"Emily came by and laughed at me.. She took my cars for me, and said I was useless.."

Molly sniffed and looked at you with sad eyes. Your heart broke for your dear friend, and you came to a conclusion in your head.

"How about you go with me to talk to Emily tomorrow, and clear things up hm?"

Molly seemed unsure, an almost scared look on her face.

"Don't worry dear, I'm not going to let her hurt you anymore." You said with a smile.

She blushed a little but gave in, letting you get back to work as she went back to her shed.

Though as Molly left, you gave a little call to your friend Toppham.

___________

The next morning Molly came and picked you up, she was prepared to talk to Emily and clear things up.

You both soon arrived at Tidmouth and Emily was alone in her berth. She looked a little sad.

You hopped out of Molly's cab and walked up to Emily with a stern look.

"What's wrong, Emily?"

"Sir Toppham Hatt told me I have to stay in my shed for today and tomorrow.. I didn't do anything wrong..." 

You cleared your throat to get her attention and nodded over to Molly. Emily's eyes widened as realization hit her.

She couldn't even say anything as you spoke up first.

"Calling Molly useless is way out of line, especially for you. I thought you were better than that."

You said as you glared at her.

Emily seemed uncomfortable under your gaze and she looked away. This made you even more upset at her.

"So you're going to deny that? Seriously?"

Emily still said nothing.

"Wow, maybe you shouldn't be on this railway then if you're going to act like that. Let me call Toppham-"

"W-Wait!" Emily suddenly yelled.

You crossed your arms and stared at her, waiting for an excuse.

"I-I didn't mean it! I-"

"So it was an 'accident' calling dear Molly useless? She tries her best because she's scared of being useless."

Emily's eyes widened as she looked over to Molly.

"M-Molly I.."

She sighed and chuffed out of her berth to be near Molly to talk better.

"I'm sorry Molly, I really am.. I thought it was a common joke saying others aren't very useful.."

Emily's voice cracked slightly and she looked at Molly with sincere sadness.

Molly looked down at you for a moment.

"Could you give us a moment to talk, y/n?"

"Of course, dear." You said with a smile, and you walked away out of earshot.

___________

Molly's whistle signaled you to come back and you did. Her and Emily seemed happier and were chatting.

The sight made you happy and you saw Molly smile at you.

"We talked, and I forgave her. It wasn't the best, but we all make mistakes."

The girls chuckled and you smiled at them.

"Well then, I'm glad you two made up. Molly my dear, can you take me back home? I need to get ready for work."

"Of course, y/n."

You hopped in her cab and waved at Emily who whistled goodbye. Molly made her way to your house to drop you off.

When the two of you got there, Molly seemed hesitant to let you go.

You hopped out of her cab and looked up at her.

"What's wrong?"

Some blush formed on her cheeks and she looked away. A sigh came from her before she spoke.

"I-I'm just so grateful to have you as my friend, y/n.. But sometimes, the things you do for me make me wish for more.."

You put your hand on her buffer beam.

"Do you like me, Molly?" You asked with a soft smile that caused Molly's boiler to feel fuzzy.

She went silent for a moment but gave in.

"Yes.. I do, y/n."

You giggled and stared lovingly into her eyes.

"I'm so glad you do."

Her cheeks flushed pink again as she stared at you.

"Y-You-"

You jumped up and pressed a kiss to her cheek, winking at her afterwards.

"How could I not?"

Molly stared at you starstruck.

"I have to get going now dear, I don't want to be late for work. I'll see you later okay?"

You blew the yellow engine a kiss before hurrying inside your house to change into your work clothes.

Molly felt so giddy and happy she felt as if her boiler would explode, but she calmed down and puffed off with a smile.

You made her so happy, she couldn't wait to see you again.