🖤Percy🖤

You sat with the engines at Tidmouth Sheds. They were all telling spooky stories before they went to bed, and you were invited to join them.

James finished his.. not so scary story. No one was really spooked by it, except Percy.

The poor small green tank engine was scared to death, it made you feel bad as you saw him shaking on his wheels.

"Percy, are you okay?" You asked in a soft voice.

He looked at you and started to calm a little.

"I-I'm okay, y/n."

You stared at him a little longer before petting his side. He smiled, calming down a little more before he got ready to take the mail.

Percy sighed and pulled out of his berth a little bit, looking down at his buffers. He was still scared, he didn't want to be attacked by monsters.

"Would you like me to come with you?" You asked softly.

"Y-Yes please.." Percy answered with a small smile.

With a nod you got up from where you were sitting on his buffer beam and climbed up into his cab.

Percy pulled out of his berth and onto the turntable, then was coupled up to his mail cars. You waved at the other engines as you guys left into the chilly night.

_______

It wasn't long before Percy was feeling anxious.

You were on the way to your next stop and it was pitch black, you couldn't see anything. Percy slowed down a bit and you could hear him breathing shakily.

You peeked out of the side of his cab.

"Percy, what's wrong?"

"I.. I'm scared.."

You frowned and softly rubbed his siding, looking around at what you could see in the darkness.

"I promise nothing will hurt you, there's no such thing as monsters."

You let out a quiet laugh.

"We all know how bad James' stories are. Besides, you don't want your old pal Gator to be disappointed, hm?"

"No.." Percy smiled as he thought of his friend.

It wasn't too long before he started to speed up again, feeling a bit braver. Especially with you there with him.

______

Percy backed up into his berth quietly and let out a tired sigh. You hopped out of his cab and walked up to his front to look at him.

"I'm proud of you."

His eyes widened and some blush appeared on his cheeks. A smile quickly formed.

"Thank you, y/n.. I couldn't have done it without you."

You chuckled and gave him a sweet smile.

"I'll always be here for you Percy."

You checked your watch and sighed.

"Well, I have to get back home now. It's really late." You told him with a frown.

It caused him to frown too.

"I'll come see you tomorrow though, how does that sound?"

His eyes lit up and he smiled again.

"I can't wait!"

You both jumped a little when you were shushed by one of the sleeping engines, but it didn't really bother you.

You backed away from Percy and smiled at him.

"Goodnight, green bean."

Percy's cheeks flushed pink again.

"Goodnight, n/n!"

You giggled and blew him a kiss, winking at the same time. This made him even more flustered as he watched you walk home.

When you were out of sight Percy quickly felt his eyes droop and he fell asleep, the last thing on his mind being you.

"Goodnight, y/n.."