CHAPTER 29

Jennie's POV

I've waited for Lisa but she didn't appear this morning. They said she's taking a break because of tiredness. But my dad said Lisa will be here for my sign.

"You're thinking to deep again." Kai said and caress my cheeks.

"I'm fine. Just about the work. It's very tiring." I answered back.

"If you needed someone to talk to just tell me. If you needed help, just tell me I'll help you." Kai said with his very handsome smile.

"Thank you. I'll tell you if I needed one." I said and chuckles.

I look again on the papers scattered at the top of my desk. Kai was just sitting beside me on the couch watching what I'm doing.

"Jennie.." He calls me and I just hum. "What are we?" He asked.

I turn to look at him.

"What?" I asked.

He gesture the space between us. "Us, what's with us. You didn't said anything about the dating news." He said. "Are we a couple now?" He asked straightly.

"Kai, you're a good guy. But we don't need to rush things." I answered and face him.

I hold her cheeks and smile warmly. I look in his eyes. He slowly lean forward and I was just waiting for him.

This way I can finally decide what's really happening to me.

But before his lips puts on mine. Someone opens the door and you can hear a pen that falls on the floor.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so s-sorry. I'll leave now. Sorry." She said and rushly took the pen and folder that was on the floor.

I was staring at the figure that left my office and I stood up.

I clenched my eyes and look back at Kai.

"I'm sorry, Kai." I said and run towards the elevator but I didn't made it.

The elevator closes and I haven't talk to Lisa. She came, my dad was right. She's just wearing her casual attire that means she just go here at office for my signature.

I took a deep sighed and go back to my office.

"What happened?" Kai asked.

"Nothing, I was just shock. I'm so sorry." Kai stood up and hug me.

"That's fine. I'll buy you a coffee. Continue your work." He smiles.

"No need. Just go home. I need to talk to Jisoo. Thanks for always going here." I said and he understand and left the office.

I immediately calls Jisoo and she goes up to my office even how mad she was.

"What?" She asked

"Did you talk to Lisa?" I asked back.

"I did yesterday but not today." She answered.

"Is she mad at me?" I asked and sigh.

"Why would she get mad at you? She's not same as you who's sowing a resentment." She answered and that made me guilty.

"How is she?" I ask.

"Honestly? She's not doing fine. We know Lisa she's not the type of person who give a damn about her surroundings. But she's not herself nowadays." She answered and sitted on the couch. "Maybe the news of her involving Mina and her mother made her affected with all of these fake news." She added and turn to look at me. "Any plans?"

"I don't have any plans aside from talking to her." I answered.

"She's going today." She said.

"She just came." I sighed. "She saw us almost kissing." I turn to look at her.