Chapter 23

Henry's POV

The bell went for recess and I headed for the cafeteria. I expected to see Blair, Arian, and Patrick sitting together. It wasn't the first time they had a fight and they always seemed to settle it real fast. But seeing Patrick and Arian arguing about only God knows what and Blair leaving the table was not what I expected.

"Blair?! Hold on." I called after her, quickening my pace to catch up to her.

"What do you want?" She sounded so stressed out, but I knew not to point it out.

"Umm...I...need help with chemistry," I know I had to come up with something, but it's the only thing that came to my mind, so...

"Really? You're a straight student with a CGPA of 5.0. You have to do better than that to get me to talk to you." She's honestly not lying.

"Well, I'm having issues with titration," I say lamely.

"I can get you a student tutor. You'll start tomorrow." She says and walks away. But I follow behind.
She heads for the library and just as she walks into the double doors, I feel someone drag me from behind.
"What the..." I turn around to find Lora.

"That's no way to treat someone who just might help your sorry ass,"

"Why would I want your help?"

"Because I have all the answers. And you are looking for answers right? Tell me you haven't forgotten about our little chat?" She rants. It takes me a while, but eventually, I remember.

"What do you know?" I ask with all seriousness.

" No, no, no. You can't intimidate the answers outta me. I'll give you what you want. But, you repay me with what I want. Do we have a deal?"

"What is it you want?"

"I haven't decided yet?"

" This is ridiculous," I murmur and head for the double doors leading to the library.

"This is what she meant when she said you've done more harm than good," she starts, and I stopped right in front of the doors.
"How can you help her if you don't understand her situation? How do you think her mom knew you were coming the other day? Why do you think Blair had to cut her hair? You're quite aware that Blair wasn't sick the day you visited. You know she didn't want you to leave. If her mom didn't know you were coming, she wouldn't have been able to convert that lie and Blair wouldn't have cut her hair before you showed up." She says. I need this. If I can get answers, I will know how to help her.

"Fine. But you can't tell anyone else,"

"Good. So we have a deal. Meet me at a cafe downtown after your detention."

She walks off and I walk into the library.

Blair's POV

"Hey, girl. Long time on hanging out during lunch," Lana jumped on me as soon as I walked into the library.

"Oh my God! You've gotten heavier. What are you eating?"
"Books and formulae. It's more delicious than you know. You should try it,"

We sit at our usual table at the end of the library.

"So...I saw Henry following you like a lost puppy. Are you guys a thing? Are you already dating? Does Arian know? Is she alright with it? How about Patrick?..."

I had to slap my palm over her mouth to stop her ranting.

"Calm down Lana. You'll get answers. One at a time,"

"Alright. You and Henry. What's the 411?"

"He ruined my reputation, and he's being a jackass"

"Okay, I know about the ruining reputation and all. But you're gonna have to explain the jackass part,"

"He showed up at my house," that's all I needed to tell her. She lives on the same street as me. And her family knows about mine. Although they won't do anything to help, I don't mind. Lana keeps my secret and I couldn't ask for more.

"No!"

"Exactly!"

"Is that why you had to cut your hair?"

"Yeah. She's gone bunkers,"

"Oh, and the inhaler?" She asks poking it.

"Stop that," I say squatting her hands away.
"It's for my breathing. I've been having issues with it. It's the only thing Dad got me when I told him about it," I couldn't tell her about the whole pneumonia thing. Besides, it's no big deal.

"Yeah, all this story is making me crave cakes. My mom's restaurant after school."

"I have detention," I say pouting as I place my head on the table,"

"What!!!" She shouts and could just feel my ears tearing up. I look up to see the librarian giving us death glares. If looks could kill.

"That principle has no joy. I'll wait till after your detention. Then we'll have cakes. Just you and me." She continues as if she didn't just almost damage my ears a few seconds away.

"Yeah. I'm up for that."

I'll probably be toast when I get home, but I already have detention, I might as well just make the best use of the rest of the day. And I haven't eaten any real meal since last week. It's always stale or leftovers.
We study till the bell goes and head to the next class.

The principal walks in after a while.
"Good afternoon class. Now you all know that your final exams are coming soon. Wilson High alumni will be in the school on Wednesday to award the best-performing students scholarships for all their exams. WAEC, JAMB, NECO, and post UTME. Note that if you aren't present on that day, you'll forfeit your award..." I zone out on the rest of the announcement and the next thing I know, he leaves.
¹¹
It was as if the alumni read my mind. I've been praying there's an award show since I knew Dad wouldn't be paying for my exams.
I was literally on cloud nine for the rest of the class.

A/N

So, how is this for a new chapter?
I decided to bring Lora and Lana back in and soon Charlotte and Anne would be back in the story.
Don't forget to comment and vote.
You are loved, you are beautiful and you are you
Bläïr and whïtë