~Chapter 19~

Warning
Abusive content ahead

Blair's POV

I groan and sit up.

What happened?

I try to remember what happened but nothing comes back to me.

I'm currently on the floor of the living room. And if I'm correct, dad's wife left me passed out on the floor.

Great.
*Note the sarcasm*

I stand up and feel a nasty pain in my chest, but I just ignore it. It's probably just an injury from one of my many flooging sprees.

I stumble all the way to my bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. Cringing, I just step into the shower and try to scrub myself clean.

Note, I try.

But, in the end, I settled for washing only the parts that hurt less.

Walking into my room, I dry up and put on the clothes from yesterday. The only clothes left in my closet are my school uniforms and undies. I go back to turn the bathroom and trim my hair as best as I can.
When I'm done, it no longer looks like a rat lived in there.

I head downstairs and see the witch waiting for me with her husband.

"You'll be going back to school on Monday," dad says. I don't even want to think of him as my dad anymore. I remain mute since I don't know what to say.

"Are you deaf?!" Dad's wife screeches. Honestly, she needs to learn anger management. I am too numb for all their shenanigans.

"No, ma'am," I say...well, I whisper. My throat feels sore, so I can barely talk.

"Good. Now go make breakfast. I want porridge" dad says and I just look at him like he has two heads. How in the world does he expect me to make that?!

"Any problem?!" His wife asks me.

"Yes! I've never made that before."

"Well, there's a first time for everything. How would you cope when you get married?! Do you think your husband would think twice before slapping sense into that hideous head of yours if you can't make a simple dish?!"

I just head over to the kitchen. Porridge it is.

How I'm I suppose to make this?

Who can I ask?

I take out my phone and try to connect with the MiFi at home, but the password has been changed.

Awesome.
*Note the sarcasm*

I try calling Mom, but her phone is switched off. It's just me against the kitchen now.

I'll just cook pasta and hope for the best. Honestly, hoping for the best in this house always brings the worst possible outcome, but what can I do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been an hour since I served them. One hour of waiting and hoping.

I pace up and down in my room for a few minutes before actually realising that my bed is missing. Yes, I Know dad's wife said I wouldn't be using it anymore, but why would she take it out? She even took my bedspreads and cover clothes.
I sit on the floor and rest my head on the wall while awaiting my doom.

It's inevitable.

About 30 minutes passed before my door is yanked open and a drunken dad walks in. He grabs me by my hair and drags me down the stairs. I don't know which one to focus on. The excruciating smell of alcohol that I have no idea was in this house, or the pain from the pulling.

Dad's wife was just grinning like a Cheshire cat. I'm scared right now. It's not the first time I've been beaten, but they've never been drunk while doing it.

I brace myself for what's to come.
Within a matter of seconds, dad hits a bottle on my stomach and I let out a bloody scream. I wasn't prepared for that. His wife jumps on me and starts hitting me left, right and centre. She uses her nails on my back and my hands while Dad stands and watches like he's proud of her.

Just when I think she's had enough, she picks up a broken piece of the bottle and starts carving on my  upper hand. I try yanking it out of her grip but dad slaps me across the face. I just sit there and cry knowing that no one is coming to help me.

The neighbours won't care and no knight in shining armour would carry me into the sunset.

I really want to die.

After a few more cuts and punctures, she pushes me away and stands up.

Dad hugs her tightly and kisses her head. She starts sobbing and dad pushes her back a little and slaps her across the face. She stumbles backwards and turns to face me. She picked up another bottle and breaks it on my head.

That's when I pass out

Henry's POV

It's now recess and I haven't seen Blair. I feel like going down to her house but I have a feeling that her mom would only make life more miserable for her. So I just have to wait.

Why would she keep things from her friends?

She has always helped them with their problems, so why can't she trust them with her problem?

I head over to the library and sit on my own. Trying to think about my life.
Somehow, my parents got the news of how I assaulted Blair and while my mom went ballistic, dad said nothing.

I hate myself though.

A/N

How are you liking IOMD so far?
If there are typos, please, let me know. I don't have a laptop, so I'm typing this on my phone. Trust me, it's as frustrating as it sounds.
Leave a comment in the comment section.
Don't forget to vote.
You are loved, you are beautiful, and you are you.
Bläïr änd whïtë