~Chapter 5~

Henry's POV

I didn't get a chance to talk to Blair today. I had the worst possible night and I don't even have the energy to face her. I saw her once or twice, but I could tell she was avoiding me. Edward wanted me to talk to her. But I couldn't find it in me to face her right now. I wish I had listened to him from the start. Toying with Blair is never a good thing.

It's now recess and I need to talk to Blair.

If I can find her before Arian... fucking shit.

There goes my chance. I watch as they get their lunch and head to their table. Pat joins them and I just know that I can't walk up to her.

It's now the last period and I feel sorta relieved. I head over to the class and get settled. One more class and I'm home free.

Hopefully, Blair and I won't have the period together. I was the first person to enter the class so I sat at the back. My mind began to travel places.

My train of thought was interrupted by the voice of the teacher. I scan the room for HER and as luck would have it, she's here.

'Why does the universe hate me again?'

You're not exactly in mother nature's good book.

'Nah, that isn't enough reason for the universe to hate me.'

My last hope is that Blair doesn't read her report today. I know I can't keep running, but, who cares?
As soon as the teacher gives her go-ahead, students take turns reading their report.

The period is almost over when the worst happens. Blair stands to read her report.
Well, it isn't exactly the worst that could happen. It's better that alien invasion, or Blair having a boyfriend that isn't me...what the fuck?! I didn't just think that, did I?

Blair's POV

"Good morning students. Without wasting much time we shall continue from where we stopped last class."

A few more students and I'm the next in line for the presentation.

"Good day everyone. My report reads:

Dear Diary,
Turns out everything happens for a reason.
Remember how my chemistry teacher asked me to write a report on 'ketamine'?
Turns out I needed that knowledge eventually.
The head boy, during one program we attended together gave me a drink and after a while, I felt like I was practically floating. We were on the school bus then and there was no one around.
He kissed me roughly and did a bunch of other stuff I'll rather not say for the sake of those with innocent ears.
I remember hearing him say that it was only a dare and I was simply the victim. When I was dropped at home, my neighbor, Melly came out to visit me. I told her I wasn't feeling good and she took me to her mom's hospital. That was when I was told I was placed on a drug overdose. Specifically Ketamine.

The next day I confronted him since I was feeling better. He said nothing. I reported him to the principal, but since his parents have ties with the principal, nothing was done about it."

"Thank you for your listening. You've been a great audience."

With that the bell rang, signifying the end of the class.

Lora's POV

When Blair starts reading her report, I listened attentively. I don't know why but I just feel urged to listen

I have a fair idea of what she's gonna write about. I know Henry told me not to say anything about it. But, the popular guys already knew. Who knows how long until the whole school hears? I know Blair hates me and it's okay cause I'm perfectly hateable. But I don't know if I can live with myself if I don't help her with this one. She has helped me several times in the past and I have to repay her somehow. It doesn't make me any less mean.
Besides, Henry never told me the full gist.
That's why I did this, right? It's not like I did it to get something out of Henry like making him do me a favor or anything.

I can't believe I'm lying to myself. I totally did it out of wickedness. Just to see her hurt. My stupid conscience just won't let me rest. Blair rounds up and I don't even know what to think. The bell goes for the end of the period and Blair is the first out of the class. Henry goes after her and the look on the teacher's face is priceless. Anne comes to meet me and we head off together.

The hallway is packed with students whispering about what everyone already knows. Which makes me wonder why they are whispering it. Who knew it only took a few minutes to spread the news? Students all over were talking about it. Henry and Edward were walking towards the principal's office. Who knows what they are going there for?

"My job here is done," I think out loud as I dramatically flip my hair over my shoulders