~Chapter 9~

Henry's POV

I just have a weird feeling about today. I don't know why, but I don't feel so good about it.
I had my bath and went to the kitchen to fix breakfast. Mom and dad had gone back to wherever hole they crawled out of very early this morning. As usual, they made me see them off to the airport even though I'm sure neither of them would miss me.

It's Blair's birthday today, and I'm hoping to take her to the movies. I hope she doesn't turn me down. I really need to talk to her. My life is a jumbled mess, and the only time I feel sane is around her.

Yeah, tell me I'm whipped.

If I can get Blair to come with me, it's gonna make my life much easier. I get the tickets ready and climb into my car.

I see Blair walking towards the school doors and approached her. I hope this goes well. I hope it doesn't end up like some cliche Wattpad novel where the girl ends up rejecting the guy.

'I'll just wish her and give her the tickets. It can't be that bad right?'

It can end up pretty bad

'Come on, let's be positive. I need some encouragement'

The only encouraging thing about this is that you get to stand close to your sweetheart for about a minute.

'Yeah, that's pretty encouraging'

You feel comfortable thinking of her as yours, now don't you?

'PERVERT!'

It's all in your head

'And you think I didn't know that'

'Then you're the pervert here'

'I hate you!!'

'You're stuck with me'

I count the time in my head as I head over to Blair. She wore a hoodie over her uniform and I started getting suspicious. It's not cold today. And she is one to stick to the uniform code to the extent that one would think she doesn't own a hoodie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thirty seconds, a few spiteful words, and one heart pain later, the conversation was over.
She walked out on me. I could have sworn that she really wanted to go with me. But something is holding her back. I'm gonna have to find out what.

I gather the rest of my dignity that hasn't been smothered by Blair and head for the school halls. Blair and I have physics together. I grab my books from my locker and greet a bunch of girls while I was at it. I take the corner leading to my class and see Arian making out with Patrick. No surprise here.

I'm sure they are going to end up as friends with benefits. I sometimes wonder how Arian and my girl... I mean Blair are besties.

I enter the class and see Blair sitting in the middle. I take a seat next to her and hope she lets me talk to her civilly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sixty seconds and one really painful question after, I'm storming off with tears brimming in my eyes. I hope she doesn't see it. I don't want her pity. I want her attention.

I reach the boys' bathroom and storm in slamming the door behind me. I take a few moments to calm down and decided to skip school today.
Walking towards my car, I noticed a girl standing by my car.

"Hey. What do you need?" I ask the girl.

"Funny, I was just about to ask you the same," she bit her lips and toyed with her hair. I really want to throw up now.