Li. 𝐈𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬?

It happened fast

It happened fast. Too fast. He should have been able to sense him, he should have picked up on his scent. Eli knew it perfectly by now, but he'd gotten use to not having it linger around him constantly over the past few months. He was okay again, he was understanding himself, he wasn't on edge because he didn't know what all had happened to him. Eli was okay again, he was doing good. Then, with two simple words, his heart seemed to try to jump from within the walls of his chest.

"Hey, Eli."

He was gone, leaving. The door flew open, they gave him the space to go. Malia attacked Theo after his words, after he hurried away in a state of fear and panic. Liam followed Eli quickly. "Hey, Eli. Wait."

"You brought him back?" the Foxx boy turned in disbelief as he stared at him. "Liam, seriously?"

"I needed his help. I have to trust him." Liam stated, staring at him.

"Well, i'm glad you do." he spoke bitterly in return. It was weird for them to fight, they never really did unless it was over video games. Eli stared at him, hurt in his eyes. "Do you have any idea-"

"I already briefed him. If he hurts you, he's going back." Liam tried to reason, nodding his head. "You don't have to trust Theo. You just have to trust me."

"I do trust you." he repeated, staring his way. His eyes were sad, Liam could hear his loud heartbeat from right across from him. "But, did you even take into consideration what this would do to me?"

"Of course I did. But-" Liam looked for an explanation.

"But what? But you just didn't care? But you thought it was more important to bring him back?" he listed on, taking a deep breath. "Whatever you have planned, I hope it goes over decently. But, I can't be apart if this. Not with him. Not after what he did to me."

"Eli." Liam frowned as he walked off. "Eli, i'm sorry. Come back. We can talk about this."

Buy, he didn't want to talk, he wanted to leave. Go far away from here. Far away from Theo Reaken and all the trauma he brought with him.

"Mom?" Eli walked into his house that night, gapping at the strawberry blonde hair at the kitchen table. "Mama?"

She turned around to look at him. There was a full bottle of vodka in one hand, a box in the other. Eli nodded. "Having a drink?"

"No." she stated, the bottle still full. "It's a wedding ring."

Eli blinked. "What?"

She opened the small box, the shiny diamond glistening. "It's not mine, but it was on my finger when I woke up."

Eli blinked, walking closer to her. He then saw the bags backed near the doorway. "Where's Dad?"

"He's leaving." she stated, turning back to the table. "Eli..."