x. 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚

"Is three enough?" Kira asked as she looked at Scott, Liam, and Stiles with their computers before them

"Depends on how many camera they have but I think so." Stiles spoke, turning his head as the door opened.

Eli walked in, a small bag in hand, and a half smile. "Sorry i'm late. I brought breakfast."

"Stole your moms donuts again?" Liam asked as Eli laid the bag down.

"Best part about her being a cop." Eli said, placing both hands on the table. He'd gotten his cast off and was feeling brand new with two working hands again.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam gave a panicked look as he looked down at the computer.

"We're doing it. Tonight." Scott confirmed for them, glancing around the table with a serious expression.

"But isn't it kinda dangerous?" Liam shrugged his shoulders.

Eli gave him a look of disbelief. "Liam, do you know who he is?"

"It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic." Stiles nodded his head with a sigh.

"Have you done something like this before?" Liam asked in discomfort.

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" Stiles rose his, nicely shaped, eyebrows over at him.

"I think it's a yes to both." Kira nodded her head.

Scott looked at Liam. "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to."

"I'm not scared." Liam said confidently.

Eli pinched his thumb and index finger together. "I'm a tiny bit scared."

"Then you're borderline idiotic." Stiles placed a hand on Liams shoulder. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us, you know that, right?"

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" Kira asked with a sigh.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required." Scott looked at her.

"Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get paid by the benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead." Stiles nodded his head as he looked at the trio, that were still on the list.

"Makes sense." Eli said honestly, getting a look of different from Stiles. "I'm just saying, not that I agree."

"So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?" Scott asked with looks around the table.

"You don't get paid." Kira confirmed.

"How does that get us any closer to the benefactor?" Liam gave a questionable look to Scott.

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead." Scott nodded.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list." Stiles added.