xii. 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐥𝐢 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐛𝐬

"Alright!" Coach announced loudly

"Alright!" Coach announced loudly. Eli pulled the rest of his shirt over his head quickly, already feeling coach ready to lay it on him any second for not being dressed yet, like the rest of the boys were. "Now I know the start of the season bonfire is a big deal for you guys. I also know it gets out-of-hand sometimes. The alumni show up, there's other teams, and alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol."

Loud cheers escaped the boys in the locker room at his words.

"Shut up!" Coach yelled when the cheers got out of hand. "Now, what I don't understand is why anybody would ever want to get stumbling down drunk in front of a massive open fire."

Eli couldn't help it, he let out a giggle.

Coach looked his way, making his eyes widen and clear his throat. "Something funny, Foxx?"

Eli shook his head so fast that his face jiggled slightly.

"I'm also resigned to not be able to stop you guys." Coach huffed as he looked around again, a few taking their chances on cheering once more. "I'll also remind you, your team captain, McCall, will be there. And I can count on him to narc on any and every one of these little bastards. Get back to class."

Eli followed Liam quickly after watching the boy be the first to vanish from the locker room. "Liam!"

The blonde glanced over his shoulder as Eli hurried to catch up with him. "English is that way."

"Are we going to that bonfire thing tonight?" Eli ignored his original statement. "Mason sent a text in the group chat saying we have to, but we can skip it if you feel like it."

Eli looked over when he was ignored, elbowing Liam just to get his attention, not to hurt him. "Are we mad at each other right now?"

Liam sighed. "Something happened last night."

The pair paused, escaping to the empty staircase so no one would eavesdrop on their conversation. Eli gave him an odd look. "Something bad by the looks of you."

"My printer kept going off. Even when I hit cancel and turned it off, it just kept printing." Liam sighed, finally meeting his eye in tiredness and sadness.

Eli frowned. "Printing something bad?"

Liam stuck his hand into his pocket, pulling out a piece of paper. Before Eli had the chance to look, Coach yelled from his office down the hallway. "What the hell is this!"

Eli and Liam rose from the stairs and hurried off, meeting Scott, who indeed had eavesdropped on then, right there. Looking inside the office, the trio stared at hundred and hundreds of papers, the deadpool list, being printed in coach's office. Scott grabbed hold of one as they all look down at it.

"See the difference?" Liam asked with a sigh.

"Derek's not on the list anymore." Scott spoke confused.