xxvi. 𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧, 𝐞𝐥𝐢

"You sure you know where you're going?" Brett spoke up as the four walked through the woods later that night

"I know where I am." Liam said with a sigh, leading the group.

"Liam, not that I don't have completely faith in you." Eli spoke up from behind Brett. "But this is starting to feel like when we went camping and we went to pee and we couldn't find Mason and the tents."

"Oh my god, stop, I don't want to think about it." Mason spoke up quickly from behind him.

"Doesn't it look familiar from the other night?" Liam looked over at Eli as they walked. "You almost fell right over there."

"I don't know, I was just following Stiles." Eli said honestly with a shrug, looking around the woods. "Just watch out for the hole you fell in. That'll come-"

He stopped when he heard a loud groan, the three turning back and seeing Mason gone. Eli grinned. "There it is."

The three walked over in Masons direction, looking down into the hole that he was in. "I think I found it."

"See the necklace?" Liam asked him after he and Brett shared a look.

Mason took a second to look around. "Nah, I don't see it."

Eli hit Brett in the arm, nodding down toward Mason. The tall boy reached his arm down, yanking Mason from the hole with ease. "Liam, I thought you said this was a sinkhole."

"It's a hole. What's the difference?" Liam shrugged as Mason crouched down.

"I mean, look at all these handprints." Mason nodded toward the dirt around the opening.

"I thought you said you fell in after Liam?" Brett looked at Eli.

"I did." Eli agreed.

"I don't have your scent. She didn't fall in here." Brett looked in Masons direction.

"She was buried." the Dunbar boy confirmed a second later.

Mason nodded. "Intense."

"Want me to go down?" Eli looked over at Liam.

"No, just give me extra light." he nodded, Eli flipping on his phone flashlight and gave it to him before he jumped down into the hole to look around more.

"Why isn't it here?" Liam sighed.

"She probably came back for it." Brett shrugged.

"Do you really think her necklace was something she was concerned about?" Eli crossed his arms with an eyebrow raise his way. Liam jumped back up with a long exhale.

"I don't think this is the one." he said honestly.

"What do you mean?" Mason frowned his eyebrows.