xxiv. 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲

"Okay, hands on the wheel at ten and two

"Okay, hands on the wheel at ten and two." Kira spoke as Malia managed to keep them all alive on the short drive to an empty road.

"Actually, the recommended position is now nine and three." Lydia spoke up with a tight lipped smile. "At ten and two an airbag would break your thumbs.

"Mine would heal." Malia gave a look of disbelief.

"Save your strength." Lydia gave a small shrug in response. "Nine and three."

"Did you guys know that Sweden and The United States both drive on the right but a lot of other countries, like the United Kingdom, drive on the left." Eli spoke up with a raise of his eyebrows, leaning back against the seat with a nod. "We went once for dads job, only for a week trip though, and my poor mother nearly drove smack into some Brits because she didn't know."

"How do they drive in Paris?" Malia gave an alarming look through the mirror.

"Also right." Eli nodded as she sighed in relief. Malias hands tightened on the wheel, the rubbing leather making Eli shiver. Malia took a breath, starting the engine and taking her foot off the break. She inched forward slowly.

"All right, just ease into it." Kira spoke from the back. Eli grabbed the side of the door, holding his breath in faint fear. Malia had been doing great so far. "Good. Good. There you go."

"Please shut up." Malia spoke quickly.

Kira nodded. "No problem. Shutting up."

Eli gave her an encouraging pat on the leg.

"Malia, I told you, we are not in the UK." Eli spoke as she swerved toward the left side.

"Other way." Kira tried to encourage, a small bump as they rolled off into the grass.

"We are now off the road. Yeah, this is not the road." Lydia shook her head as Malia drove straight toward a phone tower.

"Other way. Malia, please, go the other way." Kira tried to stay positive as the car beeped loudly.

"What is that? What is beeping?" Malia huffed in disbelief. "Eli!"

"It's not me!" he rose his hands in defense. "It's an alarm, you fool."

"The cars telling you not to run into the tree." Lydia spoke quickly as she gripped the side of the door. "Turn the wheel! Malia!"

Malia turned away from the tree just before she crashed into it, the trio all panicking.

"There you go." Eli encouraged her from the back as she got back onto the road. "Good. You're doing good. So proud of you. Just, try to stay on the road this time."

Malia hadn't turned the wheel straight again, staying doing a circle in the middle of the road. Kira cleared her throat. "Okay, sure. Ugh, this is called a U-turn."