iii. 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬

"Scott!" Eli knocked on the door harshly, "Let me out of here, do you realize my wrist is no longer attached to my bone? It's starting to hurt!"

"Just, hang on, Eli!" Scott tried to reassure him.

"I could also call my mom, she's a police officer!" Eli hit the door with his forehead, "I'm only sixteen, you could be charge for kidnapping."

"My dads the sheriff, Eli. Hold your anxious behind on." Stiles knocked on the door harshly, making Eli sit down on the bed and cradle his hand. Stiles looked at Scott from the other side of the door, "Somethings weird about this kid."

"I can hear you!" Eli huffed, "You're weirder!"

"Eli, look, I know you probably have a lot of questions." Scott tried to be the peace between the pair, leaning on the door, "I'm gonna explain everything, I just need to talk to Liam first."

"You gonna bite his hand off again?" Eli's voice was closer, indicating he got up and walked closer to the door again, "Are the two of you cannibals? Are you gonna eat us? Are you gonna roast me?"

Stiles squeezed the bridge of his nose in disbelief.

"It's nothing like that, just give me a little time." Scott waved Stiles off to avoid him saying another about the younger boys latest comment, "How's your hand? I'm gonna take you to my mom when I get through to Liam."

"Well, it hurts pretty bad, but you ate Liams hand off so I don't think this is that big of a deal." Eli's comment made Scott almost laugh, not because it was funny that he'd been so determined that he ate Liams hand, but because he was so terribly serious and casual about it.

"If you tell your mom, I'll have to string you up by your ankles." Stiles spoke with a knock at the door, "Yes?"

"My ankles?" Eli gapped, Stiles could picture his mouth falling in disbelief, "How rude."

"Yeah, well-"Stiles began, stopping suddenly as him and Scott shared a similar look, "Was that- did you just quote star wars?"

Eli flushed with wide eyes, "I want out of this room!"

"One second, okay?" Scott called quickly as he went down the hall toward the bathroom, "Just hang on, Eli!"

"Yeah, hang on. Little shit." Stiles agreed as he followed Scott into the bathroom.

"I can still hear you!" Eli huffed from inside Scott's room.

Eli occupied himself by looking through Scott's clothes, picking a few off the floor and putting them into the hamper in the corner. He rocked in his heels, broken wrist still held to his chest. Eli pulled one of Scott's jackets from his closet, smelling the laundry detergent on it. Before he had the chance to put it back and mess with anything else, a yell and a loud crash echoed from down the hall.

The light shade of brows frowned together, approaching the door just as it swung open, the entire door coming off. Eli gapped at it, Liam on the other side, "Eli, we gotta go!"