xlii. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞, 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨

"They called him Der Soldat

"They called him Der Soldat." Theo explained as he stood infront of an empty tube. "It's German for for 'The Soldier'."

"Wanna know what I think of you in Swedish?" Eli asked him.

Theo cracked a grin. "I'm pretty sure he fought in World War II."

"He was a Nazi." Scott confirmed.

"And an alpha werewolf." Theo pointed out.

"Not the best combo." Eli exhaled, pulling on the collar of his green sweater vest.

"The Dread Doctors were using him to prolong their lives. They've been doing it for decades." Theo explained with a nod of his head, looking between the three. "Actually, probably longer."

"How old are these guys?" Liam squinted his face up.

"Who knows. But wherever they go, he does, too." Theo nodded, locking eyes with Scott as the pair of Betas shared a look.

"So, how do we find him?" Liam nodded his head, eyebrow rose.

"Keeping him alive requires a pretty unique set of conditions." the Reaken boy explained with a faint shake of his head. "There's got to be a power source. It had to be underground and-"

"And on a telluric current." Scott cut him off, finishing his sentence.

He held the map out, letting Theo take it. "Looks like we're going for a hike."

"Where is he?" Scott asked as the four hiked upwards in the woods.

"Thought we were looking for him." Theo said in return.

"You know who i'm talking about." Scott corrected him in annoyance. "I can't believe you let Eli around him. He could have gotten killed."

"Deucalion?" Theo questioned.

"You shouldn't trust him." Scott pointed out, he knew Liam and Eli had been listening in. "No one should."

Liam looked over to Eli, dropping his voice to a whisper. "Did you go see him again?"

Eli shook his head. "I just wanted to."

"Why? Do you know what he did?" Liam asked him quickly. "Did you hear the-"

"Well, yeah. But, still. You have a connection with Scott, it's like that for me." Eli explained, biting the skin on his lips. "Only my alpha is a maniac that might possible try to kill me, that is blind and kinda reminds me of a creepy lizard."

Liam grabbed Eli's elbow quickly, inhaling. "We're close."

Theo and Scott looked back in questioning. "You get his scent?"

Liam nodded his head, Eli sniffed the air, trying to located Mason as Theo stepped in. "Which way?"

Liam glared slightly, sharing a look with Scott. Theo looked in disbelief. "You think you're going to leave me behind?"