xxx. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Whatever they were doing, it hurt

Eli was laid on his stomach, faced down as his eyes were forced to stare at the dark floor, the shoes of the Dread Doctors that took him. He got use to it over time, but every now and then it would cause a sharp pain to shoot down his back. The doctors were doing something to his shoulder blades, poking and tearing away. Eli had been laying there for a while now, hoping somehow Scott could catch his scent, considering he knew now he was no longer human, and save him.

When Eli felt them finally back off, he gently lifted his head with a minor whimper. It hurt to move, he wished he'd have paid closer attention to the times he'd seen Malia heal after getting hurt. The Dread Doctors pulled him up, the shot of pain running all through his body as they moved him away.

The tunnels he was seeing in his dreams was here, he'd been here before and it was clear that he was recalling it in his dreams. The entire place was terribly creepy, almost haunting like, easily somewhere Eli did not want to be. He was held still a second, at least glad they didn't make him walk. The echo of the voice came behind him. "His condition worsens."

Eli was thrown to the floor moments later, behind one of the large tubes. He gave a moan of pain, laying there, not wanting to move. A voice rung. "Eli."

He opened his eyes, looking over. "Hayden?"

She scooted his way slowly, placing her hand on his face. Eli looked up at her, it hurt to breath. "They got you?"

"Liam ran back for you when we got to the car." she spoke through her own pain, looking just as bad as he did except she had a shirt, he hadn't. "They got me when he was gone."

Eli groaned, holding her arms. "They hurt you?"

Hayden rose her shirt, showing the horrible gash of black blood across her side. She winced it pain when accidentally grazing it. "Roll over, it'll hurt less."

She helped him roll over slightly, the both of them giving their own sounds of pain but Eli managed to get off his back. Hayden put her hand on his tail bone. "It's your shoulders. There's two marks."

"It's bad?" Eli looked back, trying to breath normal. Hayden didn't answer and he knew it had to be pretty bad. "Why are they doing this to us?"

"I don't know." she whimpered, grasping his hand as he squeezed tightly.

"I didn't mean it." he whimpered after a second, breathing in sharply. "In the locker room. I'm glad we tried to help you."

"Stop." Hayden squeezed his hand. "I know what you meant."

Eli shut his eyes in pain as Hayden tried not to move. "You saved Liam."

Eli opened his eyes again. "Not you though."

She opened her too, looking down at him with a squeeze. "Did you know? In the hallway?"

"No." Eli shook his head, but it hurt. "It just happened. But it makes sense. I couldn't remember something, like I was saying. It's because they took me. I just couldn't remember."