Chapter 18: aftermath of war.

A light rain fell down like the heavens were crying.

Like the air around them was dismal so were the people of Konoha and the guests who were there.

It had been three days since the death of Danzo and Hiruzen Sarutobi. It had taken time for people to get everything fixed up. They didn't fix everything, but just enough to get back on their feet after a surprise attack from their own.

Every ninja and civilian now stood at the graveyard. Since Sarutobi's body had been destroyed they didn't have something to bury. Still they held a large stone that read, "Hiruzen Sarutobi: Sandaime of the leaf. Gone, but not forgotten.

Everyone in the village was in attendance. Every civilian and ninja, even the foreign ones, laid down a flower at the headstone.

As the funeral thinned out Naruto stayed. He looked over the stone.

He was quiet before he spoke.

"You really were crazy old man," Naruto said, "You always were there for me no matter what I did. You were probably the only thing in the village that kept me from leaving from all the hate I dealt with. Well at least now you can kick my dad's butt for not telling you about how he beat paperwork. All jokes aside thanks old man...for everything."

Naruto unsealed his violin and played a slow somber song. In the rain you couldn't tell he was crying.

Later...

Naruto walked through the gates to his clan home to find something he hadn't expected to see. All of the Konoha 12, the jonin, Jiraiya, the red head from three days ago and three people he didn't know about. On top of that there were quite a few bags of luggage over by the staircase to the upper levels.

"Uh what's going on?" Naruto asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Glad you made it Gaki," came a voice from the kitchen.

Out stepped Tsuande with a bottle of sake.

"Baa-chan," Naruto asked with a suspicion in his voice, "who are these guys?"

Naruto dudcked to avoid the punch aimed for his head at the "Baa-chan" statement.

"First of all we're all here to make sure you're all right," she said, " sensei was a grandfather figure to you remember?"

Naruto nodded and said, "I'm fine really."

Tsuande shook her head.

"The other reason is because I need you and the others to help me out with something," the blonde kage said, "These five are seeking asylum in our village."

Naruto turned to the five strangers and looked them over. There was a guy with orange hair, a tan guy with white hair, and a red head with glasses.

"Who are they exactly?" Naruto asked.

"That's something I think would be better discussed in private," Tsunade said giving a hint that a lot of people got.

Soon all there were left in the room were the people Naruto didn't know, and Tsuande.

"Now," Tsuande said, "Now that we're in private we can start introductions.

The red head started by saying, "My name is Kira, my fellow red head is Karin, the orange haired guy is Jugo, the white haired punk on the end is Suigetsu."

Naruto nodded and said, "So why is it you want asylum in our village anyway?"

Suigetsu answered, "We left our old home, if you can call it that, after it's leader was killed. On advice of Kira over here we decided to come here. Of course we decided to kick back for while and stayed in some civilian village for a while."