Chapter 16: Shadows of Terror! The Blood Roots Rise! (Part 1)

Every ninja and Kage glared at the group of elite Root. The Roots glared right back at them.

"Baa-chan," Naruto said, "I want you, the other kages, and their ninja to stay out of this.""What?" Tsuande asked, "Naruto are you nuts?""Baa-chan this is our mess," Naruto growled out as he glared at Danzo, "We're gonna be the ones to clean it up.""I'm with him on this one Tsunade-sama," Kakashi said as he cracked his knuckles, "No need putting you at risk. Beside...this'll be a good chance for the new generation to show us old timers what they can do. I didn't get to see the full power of my students on the last mission. I want see when they don't hold back."

Tsuande groaned and said, "You're lucky I want to see how much stronger these kids have gotten after the pervert's training. Okay you can fight, but if I see the first sign of one of you being near death I am going kick you ass so hard your kids are going to have broken bones!"

"Protective much?" Yugito whispered to Roshi.

The red haired jinchuuriki just nodded at that.

Kiba looked through the group and growled, "The Wildman is mine,"

The wild looking man gave a smirk as Akamaru and Kiba both growled at them.

"I'll take the one in white robes," Hinata said.

"I'll take the one with the gauntlets," Shino said taking his chain and twirling it.

"I'll take the body builder," Chouji growled hefting his ax on his shoulder while glaring at the scarred and muscled man.

"Tall dark and robed is mine," Shikimaru sad as he looked at the man in black robes.

"Blue hair is mine," Ino said as she drew her scythe.

"I'll take the white haired girl," Neji said activating his Byakugan

"I'll take the green haired guy," Ten-Ten said cracking her knuckles.

"I'll take the unyouthful man from Kiri," Lee said getting into his typical iron fist stance.

"I'll take the blonde," Sakura said as he pulled out her bow and glared at the slender blonde.

"The one with the pen and tanto," Sasuke said brandishing his sword.

At that moment the Konoha chuunin and genin who chose their opponents and said opponents jumped off to find a good place to fight.

"That just leaves you, me and the five freak shows over here," Naruto said with a smirk.

"Who you calling a freak you ugly mother *beep!*" the red head with the flute said then covered her mouth after the beep.

"Uh what was that?" the one with the six arms asked.

"I got sick of her swearing so while she was sleeping I put a seal on the back of her neck that causes her to let out that beep noise whenever she says something dirty," Danzo said.

"That's one way to shut that little wench up," said one of the heads on the white lipstick wearing guy

"Enough," said the albino with the bone dagger, "You destroyed my former master. Danzo has given us this chance. I plan on avenging him and Kabuto...despite the fact that he was four eyed prick."

"Did Kimmimaru just talk trash about someone?" the two headed guy whispered to the fat guy.

"I believe he did," the fat guy answered.

"If you want to go against him," Kakashi said, "You're going to have to go against us first bonehead."

"All right," the fat guy said cracking his knuckles, "I got dibs on the chick with the swords."