Chapter 2: battle royal part 1

"That's Naruto?" Ino asked/shouted as she saw the new and improved version of the blonde knucklehead.

Sakura was staring too but was in denial. She was trying to convince herself that there was no one who could look better than her Sasuke. Chouji was frozen in mid-chew and staring at Naruto. Kiba was smirking. He had a feeling that the match with Neji was going to be brutal. Hinata was currently holding her nose to prevent the massive nosebleed that would have erupted when she saw Naruto's muscles.

Down in the arena Temari was staring at Naruto.

"Wow," she thought, "this kid went from loudmouthed squirt to hot stud in less than to months. I hope he's still single."

Kankouro was noting the look on his sister's face and was grinning as he knew that he could use this as blackmail material later.

Shikamaru eye's were wide but he managed but he still had that bored look on his face. "Troublesome," he said out loud.

Gaara had on a slight sadistic smile as he stared at the blonde.

"Maybe he can help me prove my existence," he thought.

Shino was wondering what had happened to the boy that made him change so drastically. He was also starting to wonder how he was able to do that thing when he entered the arena.

"Am I late proctor?" Naruto asked.

"No," Genma said smirking, "You made it just in time. Now the match between Neji Hyuuga and Naruto Uzumaki will begin."

Genma then decided to get the hekc out of there because he had a feeling that this was going to be a rough one. The other contestants all filed out of the arena and went up to the fighters box.

Up in the stands two chuunin Kotetsu and Uzumo both sat and watched the match.

"The kid's come far," Izumo said.

"Yeah," Kotetsu said, "but is this kid strong enough to fight a prodigy of the Hyuuga clan?"

In the arena Neji faced Naruto and crossed his arms.

"Give up now," he said, "there is no way that you can defy fate." He didn't receive a reply. "Are you listening to me?"

"You know Neji," Naruto said, "Why don't you just shut your mouth already? I got a chuuin flak jacket with my name on it and I'm not getting any closer to it listening to you go on and on about how hard your life's been. These people came to see a face so why don't we just give them one?"

Neji smirked and activated his Byakugan. "Fine by me," he said smirking.

"Watch closely Hanabi," Hiashi Hyuuga the patriarch of the Hyuuga clan said to his youngest daughter, "There is no other Hyuuga who has blood thicker than Neji's."

The young girl simply nodded showing that she was listening. She watched wanting to see if the boy really could fight.

In the arena Neji charged at Naruto who just stood there. Just as Neji was about to strike he movbed skillfully to the left and went through hand signs.

"Hidden Mist Jutsu!"

A thick fog covered the arena and people were starting to complain that they couldn't see the fight.

"So you know a new jutsu," Neji said, "It doesn't change a thing."

Naruto smirked and added more chakra to the mist making it denser and denser. When it was dense enough he focused into the seal on his arm and brought out a black violin with red and gold trimming plus a bow. Naruto set the bow to the strings and began to play. As he did a beautiful yet sad song rose from the arena. Everyone heard it closed their eyes and enjoyed the song. It seemed to bring back memories of loved ones that were long since gone. Neji heard it and it brought back memories of his father. How he and him used to goof around before he died. When the song ended the mist let up and showed Naruto playing.