Part 26

ardyn
malibu, california

my friends just got here and we're just hanging out in my room talking. at around 9:30 Mac texts me and says he's having people over and wants us to come. i tell him we'll be there so we start to change and get ready.

At around 10:30 we are ready to go and we figure out a way to sneak out

At around 10:30 we are ready to go and we figure out a way to sneak out. we walk down a side staircase and go out the garage door and a door in the garage and to my car and turn it on and realize i don't have enough gas to get to macs house. so i decide we'll take one of my
parents car and grab the first keys i see, the rolls royce. i know my parents are in the theater which is on the other side of the house so they couldn't hear the alarm beep when we opened the doors and i know there's no way they could hear my car start. we the 20 minutes drive to macs house and hang out there.

miley

i know ardyn and her friends are upstairs in her room so before liam and i go to bed i decide to be nice and bring them a snack. I get some food together and bring it up to her room. when i knock on the door there is no answer and i don't hear anything inside i open the door slightly and to see if on the off chance they are sleeping at 11:30. i walk into the room and find it empty but one of the huge windows are open.

she did not. after everything i did for her today and letting her have friends over. is this how she says thank you? i sit on her made bed and try to think about where she is. i hear liams voice out of no where "babe? what taking you so long?" he pauses when he sees me. "what happened? where are they?" he asks concerned

"i don't know they snuck out." i yell in frustration

"are you fucking kidding me?" liam says as he walks towards me.

"jesus christ she's so fucking rude!" i scream and storm out and head to the bedroom.

"i'm going kill her." liam booms

i was cut off in my tracks by oakley, " i know where ardyn is." she says proudly

"what do you mean you know where she is?" i question

"when i was walking past her room i heard them talking about going to a party." she says. i can't believe her.

"where did they go?" liam orders

"i dunno." she shrugs

"ok" i sigh "go to bed we'll see you in the morning." and she slowly closes the door.

"i'm not going out to find her." i state as liam and i reach the bedroom.

"fuck that she can fend for herself." he says. he is so pissed right now. he gets livid whenever she disobeys one of us. she has been told countless times to not go to parties. if someone leaks her drinking for god forbid doing drugs liam and my careers are over. we just go to bed and watch a movie.

ardyn

we're at macs house and people are drinking and i'm talking to mac. i decide against drinking since im driving. after we're there for about 3 hours i tel my friends we gotta head back. i kiss mac goodbye and we get into my dads car. i probably shouldn't have taken this car but he won't know, it's not even his main car so he won't know.

we're driving home and layla is blaring music. it's dark out so i can't see around me that well but the one thing i do see is a terrible thing. behind me police lights appear and the siren goes.

FUCK

"shit shit shit." i say frantically

"shit ardyn" abby says

"shut up." i say as i pull over. o my god i'm so fucking dead. i turn off the radio and wait for the officer.

i wait for the officer to reach my window and say good evening

"going a little fast there?" he asks. he's an older dude which doesn't help the situation because I know he won't give me a break.

"i'm so so sorry." i weep to him

"can i see your license?" he asks. i grab my coin pouch and hand it to him and he walks back to his car.

"holy shit i'm getting a fucking ticket." i say to my friends and start to cry. i'm getting my license taken away, my dad is gonna kill me.

"ardyn no you're not, it's ok." abby says

"no i am" i say starting to wipe my tears. i see the officer coming back so i try to collect myself.

"well i can see your sixteen and it's after midnight which is the curfew for 16 year olds, so i'm going to have to take you all down to the station and have an adult pick you up." he explains nicely. is he shitting me? o my god. this is honestly the worst possible situation.

"o my god. am-am i getting a ticket?" i start to cry again.

"no i'm not going to give you a ticket. you seem like a genuine person, it's just protocol that an adult picks you up from the station."

"o-ok what do i do with my car?" i ask

"i trust you that you could follow me to the station, so we're just gonna do that."

"ok."

i follow him to the station and we get out once we get there. using their phone they make me call my parents to come get me. after trying both their phones, neither of them answer, i know they're in bed. so i call the next best person. noah.

"hey noah it's ardyn."

"hey babe what's wrong?" she asks sweetly

"i got pulled over and its past midnight so they had to take me to the station, can you come get me?" i ask

"of course, where are you?"

"malibu." i choke out

"ok i'll be there in 20 minutes."

in the next 20 minutes my friends have all gotten picked up and i'm just waiting for noah.

5 minutes later i see her come in so i stand up, but behind her comes striding in my father. shit. he gives me a glare and walks over to the desk to check me out. noah walks over to me "i'm sorry, i called your mom and told her that i'm coming to get you and he met me here." she explains

"why would you call her in the first place." i say in frustration

"because i think she'd wanna know that her daughter was in jail." did she really just say that?

"first of all i'm not in fucking jail and second i shouldn't have called you to begin with, i should've known you'd do this." i say and roll my eyes. ok i know i'm being a bitch but c'mon she didn't have to tell anyone.

"i'm sorry i care about you, i thought we were closer than this but obviously not" since were only 9 years apart, noah has always been like a sister to me and hearing her saying that is like a punch in the heart. i look at her in shock and simply turn around and sit back on the bench and go on my phone.

i see noah walking towards me out of the corner of my eye and hope she's coming over to talk to me, but i was mistaken when i see her just walk straight out the door. my dad comes walking towards me and sees i'm holding the keys to the rolls and snatches them from me hands me the tesla keys which he obviously drove here.

"go straight home." he says in a strict orderly tone and walks right out the door. i follow him. i know he's livid. he doesn't get mad right away when he's to a certain level of mad. i get in the tesla and drive home. i'm so fucking dead at the moment. i'm literally about to just not go home, but that will make things worse. i finally get home and see my dads car is there but he isn't in it. i go inside and head straight upstairs