31

I lean against the door, watching as Bailey packs. She's able to make anything look good. Folding her clothes, packing them in her suitcase. Humming to herself as she double checks her bags, always making sure she has everything she needs. Tossing her hair over her shoulder as she moves around the room, collecting more stuff to bring. Just watching her exist makes me go all hazy.

She sighs, placing her hands on her hips, looking around for anything else she may need.

"You ready?" I ask, still leaning on the door. Her eyes meet mine before she turns her head. Her lips curl into a smile, sending waves of warmth through me.

"I think so." She giggles. "The question is, are you ready?" She asks, walking around the bed, making her way to me. She slinks her arms around my neck, and my hands hold her waist, keeping her close to me.

"Hm. I think so. Let's see. One pair of underwear, a toothbrush, a bag of goldfish." I answer. "Yeah. I think I'm good." I smirk.

"Well. I hate to break it to you, but you forgot something." She leans closer to me, her breath landing on my neck.

"And what would that be?" I hum. Her soft smile turns into a devilish smirk, and her hands slide down to my chest. She leans her head by my ear, her perfume becomes my air.

"Me." She whispers. My body erupts in tingles, making me shiver with heat. I squeeze my hands, making her lean back away. Her hand slithers it's way to the back of my neck, her fingers finding their way to my hair. "What's wrong Jakey?" She lifts a brow, but that smirk doesn't disappear. She's got my insides rolling. I'll be honest, I've never been this turned on before. The urge to just... Jake. Get a grip. This is her weekend. Don't ruin it by being a horn dog.

"Nothing." I smile. Her face slowly drops, but she nods, taking a half step back. "Are you ready?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'll meet you down at the car." She walks away, zipping up her bags.

I leave the room feeling hot. My skin feels like it's on fire. I can't tell if it's the weather, or if it's her. Either way, this weekend is going to be difficult.

"Are we there yet?" Sam groans from the back seat.

"Sam. I swear to god, if you ask that one more time-" I start to snap, but Bailey quickly interjects.

"We're pulling in now!" She claps her hands, dancing in her seat. We pull through the drive way, and there's trees surrounding the road. As we make our way closer, the lake house appears. A log cabin with big windows, a wrap around porch, a outside sitting area, makes us all perk up.

"Woah!" Sam and Danny gawk at the place, nearly fogging up the windows from how close they were.

"This place is beautiful." Josh stares out the window, taking in all that he can. I turn to Bailey, seeing her turned around smiling at the boys reactions.

We park the car, and everyone piles out, leaving me to carry everything in.

"Here." Bailey leans down to pick up some bags, but I stop her.

"Go get us a room before they take them all!" I throw my hands up trying to shoo her away. She just laughs, and begins digging in her pocket. When she's done, she pulls out a key.

"I've already saved us a room." She winks. "The master, actually." She beams, proud of herself for thinking ahead.

"Good job baby." I smile back at her. She quickly bends down, grabbing an armful of bags. But she wasn't quick enough for me not to notice her cheeks dusted with pink. I love that she gets all flustered just as much as I do.

We bring most of the bags in, dropping them in the living room. The house was huge. Tall ceilings, a stone covered fireplace. I could hear mumbling coming from deeper within the house. I walked my way to the kitchen, seeing how big it was too, but then I zoned back in to see the boys huddled around the fridge.

"Hey." I bark. They all snap their heads to me, looking like deer in the headlights. "Bailey and I brought most of the bags in. You all can go get the rest." I huff, walking back into the living room. I noticed my bag was gone, meaning Bailey already took it to our room.

Walking down the hallway, I made a it a mission to thank her for getting us the room far away from the others. The door was slightly cracked, and I pushed my way in. She was putting our stuff away. Placing the toiletries and bathroom things in their places, making it look tidy. The bathroom looked lived in with all of our things. And in the moment I wished this was what my bathroom looked like. Full of not just my things, but hers. Her shampoo bottles next to mine in the shower. Her toothbrush sharing the cup with mine. Having her own drawer for her makeup and hair tools. I would be willing to let her have the entire bathroom to herself, as long as it meant she was sharing a home with me.

"Jake?" I blink my eyes seeing she moved in front of me. "You okay?" She looks concerned.

"Yes." I softly smile. Her face lifts, shifting to its own smile I've grown to love. "Uhm." I swallow, sudden emotions start to make their way to the surface. "I'm gonna start making some dinner."

"Alright." She nods. "I'll come help you when I'm done here." She places her hand on my cheek, brushing the pad of her thumb across my skin. She lets go, leaving me again with a tight chest full of warmth. It all feels so domestic. The slight touches here and there. Nothing too serious, just little brushes or quick kisses here and there.

I turn around walking out of the room, but I turn my head to sneak a final glance. She always takes my breath away. I would want nothing more than to prove how she makes me feel. And there's only one way I can think of that would be even close to proving it.