15

"What the-" I stand there in shock. Did she really? She stands up and walks to me.

"Before you freak out, I had plenty of money and I just wanted to do something nice for you." She smiles.

"Why would..." I look back from the guitar to her. "Bailey.." she looks back at the guitar and a worried look covers her face.

"That's the one you wanted right?" She asks. She turns back to me and I just look at her.

"Bales.." her face gets red and she bites her lip. She bought me a guitar. No one has bought me something this extravagant. Mom and dad always made me save up for something I wanted. But she just bought it. I brake into a huge grin. "This is.." I start to laugh. "Thank you!" I wrap my arms around her and spin her around.

"Jake!" She laughs. We stop spinning.

"Thank you." I brush wisps of hair behind her ear. She leans into my touch. She sighs and smiles.

"Go try it out." She giggles. I smile down at her and let go. I sit down and plug the guitar up. I start playing it.

"This is incredible. It feels different playing it at the store." I look back up her and she has her arms folded in front of her. She just wears that same smile. The smile when someone looks at another with a heart full of love.

"I'm glad you like it." She giggles.

"Bailey." I stop playing. "How much did this cost?" I ask. She grimaced.

"That's not important." She answers.

"How much?" I ask again.

"Uhm.." she looks away. "13." I look at her. She sighs. "1,300." I stand up.

"What?" I set the guitar down. "1,300?!" I loudly ask.

"Well. For that and the neck strap, 1,360." She bites her lip again.

"How much did you spend on yours?" I ask walking over to her.

"400.. and a little more on my strap." She takes a step back.

"Bailey." I run my hand down my face.

"I wanted to do something nice!" She yells. I sigh. I shouldn't yell at her. It's her money, she can spend it on whatever she wants. But why the hell would she spend that much on me?

"I know. And you did. I love it." I look back at her. "But I wish you didn't. That's a lot of money you could have used for yourself."

"Well. I kinda did." She answers.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well." She walks up to me and straightens my necklace. Her fingers brush my chest and my body fills of heat. "When the band performs, I'll be there with you." She smiles up at me. "And when you guys make it big, you'll have that guitar to take with you. If you want of course."

"I will." I answer. I gently grab her hand and she blushes. Our fingers naturally intertwine, like if they were magnets. "But.. I don't want the guitar be the reason you see us play." She looks up at me. "I want you to be there. Not just for Josh. But for me too." She blinks. Did I say the wrong thing? Was I wrong? Did she not like me back?

"Jake." She whispers. I look from her eyes to her lips. The perfect shade of red. I look back to her emerald eyes, feeling myself get lost in them. "I thought you didn't like me?" She smirks. I roll my eyes and chuckle.

"No. I despise you." I sigh. "You are the worst person I've ever met." She laughs and leans closer.

"Jake. Is this a good time to tell you, that I think your pretty?" She blushes. She... she likes me? WOOOO! I beam. I never thought the day would come. I've wanted to tell her everything.

"Well. Now is better than never." We both laugh. Feeling her laugh in my arms is a new favorite thing. She leans back a little and I smile down at her.

"I think your pretty too." I whisper. She giggles. As soon as her laugh fades, her smile drops. "What is it?" I ask. She looks away.

"Josh." She sighs.

"What about him?" I'm confused.

"He wouldn't like us being a thing. He told me when we were younger that he didn't want you to take me away from him." Her face saddens.

"I wouldn't though." I answer.

"I know, but still. He wouldn't like it." She leans out of my arms.

"What if he didn't know?" I ask. She looks up at me. "What if we just kept it a secret. Until we know he's okay with it." She nods. I pull her back in and she lays her head on my chest.

"Ya know, I've liked you for a while." She whispers.

"Really?" I whisper back.

"Mhm. But I thought you hated me. I mean, I used to hate you too, but the past couple of weeks, you've really grown on me." She says. I chuckle.

"Well. You've grown on me too." I mumble stroking her hair. She sighs.

"What's going on here?" We both jump away from each other.