23

"Do you remember when we were really little," She breaks into a wheeze, rolling on the ground. "Do you remember, when we used to paint on the trees at the park, and Mr.-"

"Mr. Knowls caught us!" I bust out laughing, my eyes scrunched and I can hardly breathe.

"He was so mad!" She rolls over to me, her body shaking from the laughter.

"Or when Mrs. Phillips got mad at Josh and I when we ripped the pages out of the text books to turn into paper airplanes!" I cackle out. Her laugh goes silent, but then a snort escapes her. She stops and her eyes widen, and she sits up. "Did you.." I sit up and stare at her. "Did you just snort?"

"No!" She yells.

"I think you did!" I throw my head back, hollering with laughter.

"Jake!" She screams. "It's not funny." She starts to giggle. "Jake!" It's now my turn to roll around, wheezing and out of breath. "Jake!" She grabs my shirt, attempting to pull me up. But I just yank her down on top of me. "Jake!" She laughs. I wrap my arms around her and squeeze. "Too tight!" She huffs.

"I can't believe, the sophisticated Bailey, just snorted." I smirk at her.

"I did not!" She frowns.

"I believe you did." I smile at her.

"Whatever." She pushes herself off of me. I sit up and watch as she runs through her hair, trying to tame it. I love it when her hair is wild though. She tries and look put together, but there nothing more attractive than a woman who doesn't care. "You know," she kicks her legs out, crossing one ankle to another, leaning on her arms. "That was one of the first things that you did that made me start to like you." She looks up at me.

"Really?" I chuckle. She nods, her smile softly curling her rose colored lips. "Well. I didn't know you were into bad boys." I laugh. She leans over and slaps my chest, but I quickly grab her hand before she can pull it away. I stare at her face, softly lit up from the full moon above us. "Bailey.."

"Jake.." I squeeze her hand, and we lean closer. Her eyes meet mine, and then gaze drops to my lips. Meer inches away from her lips, I feel her warm breath, her lips slightly part. I look back to her eyes, silently asking for permission, and hers dart away. "Did you hear that?" She whispers.

"No?" She tightens her grip, her other hand grabbing my arm. "What is it?" I look behind me, looking through the woods.

"I heard something." She scoots closer to me. "Jake..." I look back at her.

"Maybe it's the boogie man. Or even better Big foot." I chuckle. SNAP. My body freezes. Her eyes pierce into mine. I slowly turn my head back around to the tree line.

"Jake.." she holds me even closer. There's more rustling and I straight up think i shit myself. Something moves along the tree line, coming closer to us. It's now my turn to hold her close.

"Slowly, stand up." I whisper, making sure she stays behind me. "When I say run, you run."

"What?" She very loudly whispers. She would definitely die first in a horror movie. "What about you?"

"If it's something big, I don't want it to eat you." I start slowly backing us up.

"Oh. How chivalrous of you." I can tell she rolls her eyes just by the sound of her voice.

The sound comes closer and closer, and eventually it stops, right on the line. I hear Bailey gasp, making me scan the area.

"Oh. My. Fucking. God." She grunts. "Are you kidding me!" She walks in front of me, waving her arms at whatever demon is in front of us. A little rabbit pops out, hopping as if we were the ones to scare it. She turns to me, hands on her hips, I can't help but laugh. "What?" She drops her hands.