13

C.  C#.  A.  A#. Wait. No. That was a-

I blink my eyes open. I peek over to my clock. 2:47 am. Who the hell is playing? I roll out of bed with a grunt and shuffle my way to the garage. I crack the door open and look inside. Bailey. She's got her legs crossed, a over sized hoodie with the sleeves pushed all the way up, strumming away. Scrunched up brows and her tongue poking out from her lips, she starts playing a little song.

"Wise men say," she sings along. "Only fools rush in. But I can't help," Unlike her usual belting voice she uses in the car, she's singing softly. The words roll off like velvet. Her voice is sweet and gentle. "Falling in love, with you." Her voice drifts into airy waves. "Shall I stay, would it be a sin," I can't help but lean against the door way. She sounds like an angel. "If I can't help, falling in love, with you." I close my eyes. "Like a river flows, surely to the sea, darling so it goes, some things are meant to be," she sighs. "Take my hand, take my whole life too, for I can't help, falling in love with you."

She finishes and shuffles which breaks me out of the trace. I stand back up and peek in again. She starts playing a different song. I don't want her to stop. I quietly sit on the floor, back against the wall. Just to listen to her. She starts playing 'As Real People Do'. One of the many songs I listen to on repeat now, all because it reminds me of her.

"I had a thought dear, however scary, about that night, the bugs in the dirt," once again, she sings softly. I feel my heart begin to beat for the first time in a while. "What did you bury, before those hands pulled me from the earth," I sigh, leaning my head back to bask in the sound. "Honey just put those sweet lips on my lips, we should just kiss like real people do," It feels like she's singing to me. Such honesty and emotion behind her voice. "I will not ask you where you came from, I will not ask you neither should you," she strums along. "Oooooo," I sigh hearing how much control she has in her voice. Slowly realizing she has now control over me. "Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips, we should just kiss like real people do," she slips up and the sound stops. "Shit." She cusses. I hear her move and I quickly stand up. Before I manage to walk back to my room the garage door opens. She looks  at me with wide eyes. "How.."

"You sound really pretty. I mean, good. Pretty good." I mentally kick myself. Her face heats up and she walks back in the room, and I follow her in.

"I didn't know you were there." She doesn't face me.

"I should have knocked, but I didn't want to ruin anything." I rub the back of my neck.

"You should have." She softly laughs.

"I don't think so." I answer. She slowly turns around and looks at me. "I think it was really pretty to listen to."

"Pretty good you mean." She says.

"Well yeah, but also very pretty." I feel my stomach erupt into butterflies.

"Thank you Jake." She smiles. I feel tingles travel through my body. My new favorite thing. Her calling me Jake.

"I could help you. With the cords, if you wanted." I stammer. She grins at me.

"Thank you. I need to get a guitar for myself. I would feel really bad if I broke yours." She giggles. My new favorite sound.

"We could go tomorrow?" I ask. "If you not busy." She nods.

"Tomorrow." She smiles and I can't help but smile back.

"Well, I.." I clear my throat. "I'm gonna go back to bed. You should get some sleep too."

"I will." She answers. "Good night Jake." She softly smiles.

"Good night Bailey." I smile back. I walk out of the room, and back into mine. I close the door and stand there, and I hear her shut hers. I flop down on my bed and sigh.

I've got it bad.