21

"Stop walking so fast!" I yelled, trying not to lose her in the crowd. She turns her head back at me and smirks. "No, don't do it." I shake my head at her. She giggles and takes off running. "Damn it Bailey!" I sprint after, throwing out sorries to people I accidentally push and bump into. We get to the food stands and see Josh and the others in line. Bailey joins their group and I follow.

"What's your problem man?" Danny asks, looking down at me.

"What?" I huff out.

"Your like, dying." He chuckles.

"Yeah. Did you just run a marathon?" Sam laughs. I look over at Bailey, and she just gives a cheesy smile.

"Yeah. I just felt like running." I roll my eyes.

"Jake." Josh wraps his arm around my neck, pulling me really close. "I think i found the perfect woman for you." He chuckles, letting me go.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Kat. Kat Stills." He looks at me. I blink. "Ya know? Kat? From 3rd hour?" He looks at me like I'm crazy. "Oh come on man." He rolls his eyes.

"I know who your talking about, but I'm not interested." I answer, kicking a few rocks around on the grass.

"What?" He spins to me.

"What?" I look back at him.

"Your not interested?" He cocks his head to the side, something he always did.

"Not really?" I sigh.

"Didn't you have a thing for her though?" He asks. I did. A long long time ago. But now, I have someone way better than Kat Stills. I peak over at Bailey, and she's laughing with San and Danny, looking stunning as always as her smile shines in the sun and her hair bounces off one shoulder and onto the next.

"I'm not interested Josh." I smile at him.

"Alright man." He turns away shocked.

I shuffle my way into Bailey's conversation with Sam and Danny, and she looks over at me and smiles. She tugs on my sleeve and I lean down towards her, and she leans close to my ear.

"Danny knows." She leans back watching how I react. I look to Danny and he gives a thumbs up.

"Secret safe with me." He smiles. That I do believe. Danny is one to take promises and secrets to the grave.

"Thanks man." I smile back at him.

"Anyhoo, so yeah. That's where I'm going." She answers to Sam.

"Oh that will be fun." He chuckles.

"I hope so. And I hope, someone," she nudges me. "Will be willing to tag along." I look down at her confused, and she simply smiles. "Tell you later." I nod and soon realize that we're next in line.

"What do you want?" I ask pointing to the menu.

"Can you get our food too?" Sam bats his eyes.

"Find your own wallet." I stare back at him.

"Uhm. A funnel cake will do." She smiles at me.

"Okay." I mumble back to her, feeling myself smile. She squeezes my arm and leaves the line to find a table for us.

I walk through the crowded tables and spot her towards the back, sitting alone, staring out at the sky. It's not fair. It takes her little to no effort to look that good. Not that I'm complaining, it's just not fair.

"Your funnel cake milady." I smile down at her.

"Thank you kind sir." She answers in a horrible accent.

"That was a horrible accent." I laugh.

"No it's not!" She pouts. "It's not like you can do any better." Little did she know, I had a whole new character. I sit down aggressively, throwing on my sunglasses, and taking the stick out of my corn dog to pretend it's a cigar.

"Names Reed." I point to her. "Oliver fucking Reed." Her eyes grow wide. "Remember that."
She bursts into laughter, throwing her head back, slapping the table. I can't help but laugh a little myself. "What?" She doesn't lift her head, she just continues to find it hilarious. "This is serious woman!" I grunt out in my best attempt to a Sussex accent. "I'm Oliver fucking Reed, and I demand some respect." She goes into another fit of laughter, making people around us look. I just wave at them and smile.

She finally tilts her head up at me, her eyes watering from crying so hard.

"Did I make you laugh?" I ask, back in my normal voice.

"I think you made me piss myself." She wipes her eyes.

"Oh my god." It's now my turn to bust out in a wheeze. After my fit of giggles, I look back at her and see her just watching me. "What?" I ask.

"Your just really pretty." She mumbles.

"No I'm not." I shake my head and start eating my food.

"You are!" She yells. "And you look better with a smile." She points to my face.

"How can I be pretty, when the prettiest thing in the world is sitting right across from me?" I smirk at her, watching her cheeks turn red. She shakes her head and starts eating.

"I hate you sometimes." She whispers.

"No you don't." I chuckle. She just rolls her eyes, but smiles.