30

I look out into the crowd, seeing smiles and hands waving to the music. Anytime we played at Belly's, the audience seemed to grow bigger and bigger. I remember the first time we played, only 15 people in the bar, turned around in their seats talking to one another, not caring about us at all. But Mom and Dad were always there, front row, singing along. And here they were now, their friends gathered around. Having Mom talk about us to all of her friends created a small fan base in our little town. Tonight the bar was full, no empty chairs, and some people standing just to enjoy the music.

The feeling of providing a good time away from the chaos out in the world was something we always chased. Josh especially. He gave his film dream a pause, making my dream of music the focus, a possibility. He was hesitant at first, but when the people started hearing us, it all changed for him. He loves people and making them enjoy the art of music. He wants the messages from the songs to be heard. And that's what we are slowly doing.

"Thank you everyone, it's been awesome! Stay safe out there, and don't have too much fun!" Josh laughs into the mic, waving at people. I look at the edge of the bar, smiling over to a special face. "Hey, I'm gonna go out the car for a minute." Josh leans over to me. "You played good." He smiles.

"Thanks Josh." I grin back. The rush I always had after shows, big ones and even the smaller ones, fueled me for hours. I was always giddy and wired. But now that I have my special lady to look forward to seeing after the show, made me even more excited. I practically skip over to her, seeing the huge smile on her face.

"Hey there captain." She jokingly salutes, making me shake my head.

"Hey there." I wink at her. I sit at the bar next to her, crossing my arms over the table.

"Hey there Jake!" Belly walks over, handing me my regular.

"Hey belly!" I nod at him.

"This was the best show yet." He smiles, handing a bottle to Bailey.

"You say that every time." I chuckle.

"It's true! You guys keep getting better and better." He laughs. I peek over at Bailey, seeing that she's staring at me.

"Is that so?" I mumble, turning to her.

"Belly never lies." She smirks.

"And this one here," he laughs, pointing to Bailey. "She hasn't stopped talking about you."

"Oh?" I turn back to him, seeing her freeze in the corner at my eye. "Tell me, what does this one have to say?" I smile.

"Can't tell you." He grins.

"I thought you said you never lie?" I ask.

"I don't. But that doesn't mean I always have to give answers." He drums on the table top, then smiles, leaving us when his name is called. I slowly swivel to look back at her, seeing her chug down the drink.

"Woah now." I chuckle. She finishes the bottle, wiping her lips with the back of her hand.

"This soda is really good. But it tastes weird. And I can't feel my hands." She looks down at them, wiggling her fingers.

"That's because it's not just soda." I smirk at her. Her head flies up, and her face is covered in confusion. I lean close to her ear, placing my hand on her knee. "It's vodka Red Bull." I hear her take a quick breath, her body tensing up. I lean away, smiling.

"You.." She's stunned.

"Belly knows my parents, and he knows me." I take a chug of my own, tasting one of my favorite drinks slide down my throat.