Devil in Disguise

The next morning Lilith's eyes reluctantly opened due to the feeling of her head throbbing. Her eyes and mouth felt like sandpaper, her stomach turning and threatening to empty itself. Looking over, Sam's naked body laid beside her, her chest softly raising and falling with each breath. As gently and stealthily as she could manage, Lilith slipped out of the bed and tip toed across the room. Turning the doorknob, she opened the door, looked down the hall, then backed out of Sam's room, silently shutting the door. After a quick shower, Lilith towel dried her hair, put it into a bun, and went to her room. Her head was still aching as she pulled on her uniform. More pressing was the need for water, which led her to the kitchen. The stove said it was 9 am, six hours since she went to bed.

Very slowly, Lilith picked up the kitchen and living room, producing three large garbage bags. She had also cautiously drank a couple glasses of water. Sweeping, she moved to the entry way, catching Cain as he descended the stairs.

"Am I able to tidy the bedrooms?" She asked, continuing to sweep.

"I'm sure you're fine." Cain said, his demeanor more reserved than normal.

"Thank you." she swept the dust into the pan, walking to the small trash near the hallway. "Have a good day Cain." She said as she passed him.

"You too, Lilith." he called as he closed the door. She put in her air pods and gathered cleaning equipment from the kitchen. Working upstairs was usually the quickest part of the job, only 2 rooms currently occupied. Cain had tidied his room already, requiring only light dusting. Finally feeling okay, Lilith moved on the Mr. L's room. She gathered laundry and dusted the tops of dressers and tables. Slipping her shoes off, she hopped onto the king-sized bed, tucking the sheets and duvet under the pillows. A hand wrapped around her ankle, causing her to scream. She rolled off the bed, popping up in a defensive stance. Across the bed stood Mr. L, a stunning grin on his fair face.

"Oh my God, Mr. L!" She exclaimed, pulling her air pods out and putting them in the case in her apron pocket.

"Hello Lilith." He said calmly. "I didn't mean to scare you. I just saw you on my bed. An odd sight, as you could imagine." He slipped his hands into the pockets of his slacks and walked around the foot of the bed to her.

"I-I'm sorry, Mr. L, I have trouble reaching the middle of the bed." She stammered. Blushing, she cast her eyes down to her hands, which were already nervously fiddling with her white apron. His hand rested gently on her cheek, bringing her eyes back to him. Electric heat ran down her neck, clenching her throat. She gazed into his eyes, taken by his beauty and authority. His hair was perfectly in place, his shirt pressed and buttoned, a loose tie strung around his neck waiting for its masters' hands.

"For someone so stunning, you seem to lack confidence. Why is that Lilith?" His grin had softened, but there was still an intensity in his eyes.

"Oh I...I don't know." she replied meekly. He leaned in, placing his other hand on her lower back. Lilith fought the moan that wanted to escape at the rush of heat this touch caused.

"Do you feel that fire?" He asked in a low, rasped voice. She gasped at his question, casting her gaze to the window beside them. "I have never felt such intense burning." he continued, the muscles in his jaw flexing as he contemplated his need. He looked over the length of her neck, the fullness of her rose lips.

"I feel it too." Lilith whispered. He pulled her hips to his, pressing her body against him. She let out a stained moan, her hands bracing herself on his chest. Her body buzzed from the intensity of need within her, the space between her legs becoming wet and uncomfortable. Her nipples pushed against her bra, her black dress now feeling constrictive. He leaned down, brushing his lips along her neck before placing a kiss on her jaw. The lightness of his touch made her gasp, her fingers pressing into his firm chest.