Chapter 28:

You dried your hair with the towel before knocking on the door, signaling that you wanted to be let out. Cleo unlocked the door immediately before pulling it open. She gave you a smirk. You pulled the damp towel farther around your body, feeling nasty from the way she stared at you.

"I-I need some clothes." You mumbled, shuffling your feet. The air was uncomfortable to you, and your skin pricked at the cold.

Cleo nodded. "Come on." She held her freshly manicured hand out to you. You took it, allowing her to intertwine her tanned fingers in yours.

She led you down a hallway. You looked around it, trying to memorize the path so you could escape later. Nefera caught your eye, and she stared back at you as you passed her open door. You wondered how she could seem so nonchalant about the entire scenario.

"Can I ask a question?" You whispered.

"Of course, baby."

"Why is this happening?"

Cleo opened her bedroom door and pulled you in. Then, she slammed it shut behind her.

"I already told you." She hummed, and she sat you on the floor infront of her bed before stepping behind you to sit on it. She held a brush in her hands, and she slowly began brushing through your damp hair. "Me and you are lovers. We're meant to be."

"But how do you know that?" Your eyes wandered around her room as she carefully brushed your hair. Your eyes lingered on a lot of things, but the main thing that stood out was a large dog cage in the corner. It has a nice turquoise blanket and a stuffed bear.

It looked more for a human instead of a dog, and you wondered if it was meant for you.

"Because, I feel it in my soul." Cleo replied.

"Do I have to go...go back in the chair?" You swallowed hard, imagining the cramps you'd get from sitting in the chair again.

"That's a punishment. I have a spot all ready for you."

Your eyes landed on the cage once more. "O-Oh."

Cleo followed your gaze and she let out a small giggle. "Do you like it? I made it extra comfortable for you."

She validated your assumption, only making matters worse for you. You wondered if she did the same thing to Deuce as she did you. If she had, then why is he free? And if she hadn't, why are you the exception? What made you special?

"I don't look good in d-dog cages!" You cried out. "I don't want to!"

"Now, shush." She held your head and tenderly kissed the top of it.

You allowed your built up emotions to spill out. Tears streamed down your face as you hugged your naked body. "I don't wanna do it. I don't wanna do this anymore! I'm sorry, I want to go home!"

"Oh, (Y/N). What did Manny do to you?" She cradled you against her, trying to calm you. It only made things worse, but you dealt with it for the sake of not going in the cage.

"I-I don't want this."

"Shhh, no one's gonna hurt you. I promise." She looked to the side. "Unless you try to escape."

You swallowed a lump in your throat. Maybe running away wasn't a good idea.

You couldn't fathom a world without your freedom. It seemed impossible. Being kidnapped was something that happened to others. You never expected it to happen to you.

"Why me? What did I do to you??!"

Cleo hugged you tighter. "I-I don't know. I don't know what you did to me. I'm not the same person anymore."

She wiped the tears from her eyes and handed you a clean pair of pajamas from her drawers. You changed quickly while her back was turned.

"Come on." Cleo ushered you towards the cage. You obeyed from instinct.

She wiped more tears away and locked you in with a combination lock.

You gripped the sides, finding the cage way too small for you. "Please bring me back home. Or at least let me go. I won't tell anyone."

"I-I can't." Cleo sobbed.

"Why not?"

"Because...I think I l-love you. And I can't...I can't let you leave me. I need you!"

"This isn't love, Cleo." You felt helpless. "This is abuse. This hurts."

"And so does what you did to me."

"What did I do?!"

"You infected me with-with something."

"Like?"

"Poison."