Chapter 1:

You sighed and stuffed your textbooks into your locker before locking it quickly. Your goal was to get out of school as soon as possible. You didn't want to get caught, not again.

Your legs carried you towards a crowd of students, and you blended in with them carefully as you left the school building. Your heartbeat pounded in your ears as you tried to keep up with the other students.

Finally the crowd had melted away, leaving you alone and bare and easy to spot. The only other normie in school besides Jackson was out in the open, and you knew better than anyone that this situation wasn't what a normie would want.

"Shit." You mumbled, and you scurried off to the nearest alleyway.

Your walk home was always a game of cat and mouse, with Manny being the cat. You peeked behind each wall as you ran from alley to alley. Every voice you heard sounded like an enemy.

You weren't safe. You weren't going to be safe until you got home. You couldn't let your guard down yet.

You jumped behind a dumpster at the sound of heavy footsteps. As you listened closely, the heavy footsteps faded into multiple light footsteps. You sighed and stood up before emerging from the alley you were hiding in.

"Oh, hi!" A girl with pink and black hair smiled.

"H-Hi." You smiled and waved at her.

"What's your name, ghoul?" A girl with curly brown hair asked, and she popped her hip out as she spoke.

"(Y/N)." You said. They didn't seem weirded out by you.

"You go to Monster High, right?" A yellow haired girl asked.

You nodded slowly, and a black and white haired girl walked up to you.

"I know you! You eat lunch with Jackson, don't you!" She gasped. "You're the other human!"

"We have two humans?" The vampire stepped forward.

"Yeah!" The girls all surrounded you with big grins.

You stepped back, afraid of what was about to happen to you. No one had ever been this nice...it must've been a prank.

"W-Well it was nice meeting you!" You smiled and ducked as you speedily walked away.

"Wait up!" The sound of heels came after you, and you froze. "I'm Frankie!"

The white and black haired girl jumped in front of you and held out her hand. You hesitantly shook it, and it popped off. You gasped.

"That happens a lot." Frankie blushed.

"I'm Draculaura!" The vampire walked up and smiled at you.

"Abbey." A girl with a thick accent joined the others.

"I'm Lagoona!" Another girl with an accent.

"I'm Clawdeen! We are gonna be the best ghoul-friends ever!"

Draculaura nodded quickly, and you gave a fake laugh.

"That's a really nice offer...but-"

"No buts! You can start sitting with us during lunch!" Frankie laughed, and she linked her arm with yours.

All of you began walking down the concrete path, and you lowered your head as you realized everyone was walking towards the rich neighborhoods. You stopped at your turn.

"I, uh, I turn down here." You smiled.

"Okay!" Frankie released you.

"We all meet right here tomorrow morning!" Draculaura demanded. "You too, (Y/N)!"