Chapter 26:

You were woken the next morning by Cleo opening the blinds. She held a basket in her hands, full of oranges and apples. You squinted and tried to pop your neck from its uncomfortable position. You let out a soft groan, your limbs being permanently stuck in place from their positions.

Cleo glanced over at you before setting the basket on the counter. Then, she sat beside you and turned you to face her.

"I've decided I'll give you a second chance." She hummed. "But you gotta be good, okay?"

Nefera walked in behind her in a lingerie. She grabbed an apple and bit into it.

"I wouldn't." Nefera chuckled. "She's definitely gonna play you. Then you have to kill her and dump her body in a river."

The shock of what she said sent a ball of anxiety into your stomach. Surely Cleo wouldn't do that?

"That's exactly why she will behave. Right?" Cleo turned to you.

You nodded furiously, your confident ego being shattered by her authority. Cleo clapped excitedly and jumped up. She grabbed a frying pan and an egg.

"How do you like them?"

"Scrambled." You mumbled. You figured you'd have to play pretend until you were given a chance to escape.

She grinned widely. "I'll have that done A.S.A.P!"

You didn't move. Instead, you stared at her in wonder. She must've lost her mind, because no sane person would do this! Surely she was sick. You were positive that she was fucked in the head. But why? Why would she do this? What was her motive?

"C-Can I ask you something?" You mumbled, only confident enough to ask, not confident enough to start an entire conversation.

She turned to look at you, her smeared makeup glimmering in the sunlight that filtered in through her sheer curtains. You immediately regretted asking, and you shook your head no. "Nevermind."

Cleo stepped over to you, her attention being pulled away from the eggs. "Baby, I want you to be comfortable here! Ask whatever you want and I'll give you an honest answer!"

"S-so....like....what am I do-ing here?"

"Well, isn't it obvious?" She gave you a confused glance before going back to her eggs. "We're in love!"

"We are not." You laughed dryly. "You're insane."

"And you're insane for loving me."

"I don't love you."

"Of course you do. You just don't feel it right now because you're mad."

"Mad is an understatement."

"I know, hun."

"You know? You hurt me!"

"I didn't mean to."

"Liar! You let him rape me!!"

Cleo rushed to you and landed a rough smack to your cheek. You felt tears well in your eyes, but you swallowed them down and glared.

"Do not mention him."

You laughed loudly. "Oh, so I have rules now?"

"Yes. And that's rule #1. Don't talk about Manny or Deuce."

You rolled your eyes, letting them land on Nefera who seemed to be enjoying the conversation.

As badly as you wanted to say some variation of 'fuck you', you didn't. Instead you nodded.

"Yes ma'am."

Cleo stared at you in shock. You were dealing a lot better than she thought!

You swallowed more pride that threatened to spill. You couldn't afford to lose your progress and her trust.

Jax mumbled to himself as he downed another bottle of liquor. His eyes never left Manny, who had been tied and gagged and left to himself in the small chair that the motel provided.

"I-imma ask ya o-ne more time, bitch." Jax stood up and swayed. He held a knife in his hand, and he refused to put it down. To Manny, drunk Jax seemed even more scary than normal Jax.

"Where's my fuckin' kid?" He stumbled out to Manny and rested his hand on the chair.

"Not here!" Manny spat. "She isn't with me."

"Clearly." Jax gathered his saliva and spit it on Manny for a touch of humiliation. It worked.

"Look, Cleo probably-FUCK!"

Manny's words were caught in his throat as Jax made a deep stab into his arm. Jax giggled childishly. "I-I didn't mean to do that. My bad!"

Manny writhed his arm in pain. He figured Jax was medically insane, but didn't want to say it. He wasn't going to live after, he knew that. But he didn't know how long he'd have.

"Why?" Jax mumbled as he ran a hand through his messed up hair. "Why would you r-rape my kid?"

"Because she was tight as fuck." Manny chuckled.

Jax let out a strangled grunt and flung the knife, landing it directly in his leg. Manny screamed, pulling at his restraints. "How did you do these fucking knots??" He cried out.

"Military. I was in the m-marines," Jax burped loudly. "For a few years."

His slurring made it almost impossible to understand him, and he flopped over on the bed and let out a whine. His daughter was gone, and then you? He felt completely drained. It was as if the universe wouldn't let him have a kid. Maybe it was a sign?

He shook his head as tears streamed down his face. He couldn't be trusted with a daughter. Maybe that was the universe saying he shouldn't even live?

Yeah....he shouldn't live anymore. Not after getting you kidnapped.

No, Manny shouldn't live anymore. And Jax promised to make sure of that.