Chapter 14:

Cleo waited patiently in her bedroom as tears ran down her chin. Her makeup had been smeared all over her face as evidence of the heartbreak she endured.

She didn't think you would actually drop out, but after a week of your absence, the teacher not calling your name on the attendance sheet, and no one else besides Ghoulia having heard from you, she finally agreed that you were serious when you said you were leaving.

Cleo cuddled a pillow, wishing it was someone with warmth instead. She wished the pillow had (H/C) hair and (S/C) skin. She wished that you hadn't left, and instead given her another chance.

Surely you weren't that traumatized? Manny had done the same thing to her, yet she was just fine! Surely those forced instances were just excuses?

Her mind swarmed with confusion. You had actually left. You actually didn't go to school anymore. You had officially signed yourself out of school. What would your mom and dad think? They couldn't have been happy.

A muffled knock came from outside her door. She mumbled a light "come in" before curling up under the blankets.

The door creaked open. 2 of Manny's main henchmen stepped in and shut the door behind them.

"We've found this.." they murmured.

Cleo rolled over to look at their discovery.

Her brows furrowed. "I told you to get me new information, not just take pictures of her in a bar."

"She's been working there...with Jax."

"Jax?" Cleo sat up. "They work together? At a bar?"

One of the men nodded. "She lives full time with Jax."

"Where at?"

"411...uh...something?"

Cleo nodded. She already knew which street. 411 was all she needed.

"I want pictures of her."

"We have some." The men reached for their back pockets.

"I want more. I want some of her sleeping."

"We can't do that."

"Then get out and let me find someone who can."

The 2 ran off, leaving Cleo once again alone in her room. She reached for her iCoffin and dialed Manny's number. His gruff voice came from the other end.

"What?" He snorted.

"I need help."

***

Manny stood outside of Cleo's front door as he talked to her. He checked over his shoulder anxiously as if someone, anyone, could be lurking behind him.

"So...you just want...pictures?"

Cleo nodded her head. "Yep. I can give you a good camera and everything if you want!"

He pulled his iCoffin from his pocket and waved it in the air. "I got this."

Cleo rolled her eyes and ushered him from her porch. He stepped off and watched as she shut the door, putting a barrier between him and her.

He huffed. Sure, he liked you. But not so much as to take pictures of you! He furrowed his brows and stalked off from the De Nile lawn.

He trudged down the street. He didn't even know where you lived! How was he supposed to get anything done??

He shrugged to himself and decided to go to the trap house he first assaulted you in. His sick mind played over the scenario he had put you in. He remembered your screams and wondered what a giggle from you would sound like.