Chapter 10:

You woke to the sounds of rough sniffles and the occasional throat-clearing. You checked your phone. The battery was at 57% and the date was a Sunday.

It's 7 in the morning...what the hell am I doing awake? I only got 2 and a half hours of sleep! I feel so awake.

You flipped the blanket off of you before putting on a pair of pajama pants. Your stomach knotted at the sight of the scratched and bruises that were left on you from the night before. You ignored it and put on your bra. Then, you threw your shirt in your piling laundry basket and slipped on another.

With a little bit of deodorant, you were able to make your way to the bathroom without being seen, heard, or smelled. You brushed your teeth and pulled your hair back.

Your collarbone had even more scratched and bruises. Some even resembled bite marks or hickeys.

They must've left then there. The entire thing is a blur now...should I cover them up?

Why should you? Jax already knows.

You nodded and stepped into the livingroom. Jax held a coffee in his left hand and a paper in his right.

"What're you studying?" You asked, sitting in a chair and curling your legs up underneath you.

"Hm? I got a job. I start tomorrow night."

You nodded. "Oh, congratulations."

He smiled at you. His teeth were slightly crooked, but otherwise very attractive. It added in to his whole rough DILF look.

"Thanks, kid."

You nodded slowly, being able to rock yourself back and forth in the seat. He watched you rock yourself for a second before stifling a laugh.

"What?" You hummed.

"Nothin'." He swallowed his oncoming chuckle.

"Mhm." You replied.

He sat the papers down and stood up before he slowly made his way into the kitchen. You watched him pull a paper bag out of the microwave.

"Ya like plain bagels?" He asked. "With some cream cheese on it?"

You nodded. "Yeah!"

He brought the bag over to you and sat it in your lap. You ripped it open and took a big bite out of the cold bagel.

You moaned into the taste. "It's so good!"

Jax nodded. "I made sure ya got one since ya didn't yesterday."

You nodded. That's right, I forgot about my bagel.

He watched you devour it slowly. It felt good on your empty stomach.

"What're your plans today?" You asked.

"Just gonna walk around a bit. Wanna come?"

You thought for a second. Manny's probably roaming around out there...he might see me....

But if I have Jax with me then why am I worrying?

"Sure, I'll come. Let me get dressed."

You shoved the rest of the bagel in your mouth before you crumpled up the bag. Then, you tossed it in the trash in your way to your room.

I wonder if I got any extra cash. Jax thought, and he sat his papers down. Kid could use to gain a few pounds. I could practically see her ribs.

You shut your bedroom door and stripped, leaving only your bra on. You grabbed a new pair of underwear, a new pair of jeans, and a new t-shirt and threw them on. Then, you grabbed a hoodie and threw that on over your shirt.