3 : princess of narnia

{ chapter 3 : princess of narnia }

❄️❄️

Closing the door to the wardrobe, they were all squished and cramped into a very small space. The wardrobe was dark and full of thick winter fur coats which meant that none of them could see what they were doing.

"My toe!" Lucy shrieked as someone stood on her foot in the dark.

"I'm not on your toe!" Edmund snapped back at her, wanting to make it clear that he hadn't been the one stepping on her feet.

Peter huffed loudly at the youngsters. "Move back, will you stop shoving?"

Susan fell backwards until her bottom landed on something cold and soft, she had landed on snow. In falling, she tripped up her older brother who also fell backwards and took Zarina with him; his breath being knocked from him as the girl landed on top of him, their faces only inches away from each other.

"Uh, sorry." She said nervously, pushing herself up from the ground and offering her hand to help the boy up. Both of them sporting red cheeks as they distanced themselves from each other.

Susan and Peter felt their jaws dropping when they looked around at the snow-covered trees and almost couldn't believe that this was real. Their shoes sunk in the deep snow and their hair was littered with the dainty snowflakes that fell from the sky. They were in Narnia, Lucy had been telling the truth and now they were actually here.

"Impossible." Susan sighed as she lifted her hand to catch some of the falling snow.

"Don't worry." Lucy stood in front of them, clasping her hands behind her back innocently. "I'm sure it's just your imagination."

Peter looked guilty at the girl. "I don't suppose saying we're sorry would quite cover it."

"No, it wouldn't." She suddenly threw a snowball right at his face, laughing as it made contact with his skin. "But that might!"

Not wanting to back down from a game, Peter knelt down and started making his own snowballs to fight back. Susan joined them too, taking shelter behind a nearby tree and laughing loudly until one of the balls hit Edmund in the shoulder and he was not too pleased with it.

"Ouch!" He stomped his foot angrily. "Stop it!"

Peter moved towards him, narrowing his eyes. "You little liar."

"You didn't believe her either."

"Apologise to Lucy." Peter demanded, and when his brother didn't say anything, he lunged himself forward threateningly. "Say you're sorry."

"Alright!" Edmund snapped, staring at his younger sister and groaning before admitting it. "I'm sorry."

Lucy couldn't help but smile at him. "That's alright, some little children just don't know when to stop pretending."