2 : the weeping girl

{ chapter 2 : the weeping girl }

❄️❄️

Hearing the possibility that Narnia was only a magic wardrobe away, Zarina dreamt about the world that she knew and missed dearly. She dreamt about her father and she dreamt about her friends, running through the woods with the breeze ruffling her fur. She wondered what they would be doing and if they thought of her, would they even know that she had gone?

Her dreams were interrupted by the sound of quick footsteps down the hall and a girl screaming excitedly. She pulled on her dressing gown and rushed into the hall to see what was happening, meeting the curious gaze of Susan, who had also poked her head around her own bedroom door.

"Peter, Peter, wake up!" Lucy squealed, jumping onto his bed and shaking him. "Peter, wake up! It's there! It's really there!"

The two girls walked together towards the bedroom that the boys had been sleeping in, finding their door wide open and shining light into the darkened hall. Susan yawned widely as she closed the door behind them, watching her sister curiously as Lucy seemed to be the one that had woken everyone up.

"Shh, Lucy, what are you talking about?" Peter groans, turning back over to try and sleep once again but his sister was relentless.

"Narnia!"

Upon hearing the name of her home, Zarina's eyes widened and she became even more curious as to what Lucy had seen there. Was the war over? Was the White Witch gone? Had Lucy seen her father?

Peter hadn't realised that the girls had been in the room, he sat up in bed and panicked when he saw the blonde at the end of the bed. Quickly, he pulled his sheets up to cover himself even though he was completely clothed, his cheeks reddened slightly but none of them noticed because they were too fixed on hearing about Narnia.

"It's all in the wardrobe like I told you!"

Susan sighed, not believing this in the slightest as she shook her head gently. "You've just been dreaming, Lucy."

"But I haven't! I saw Mr Tumnus again!" She argued, gesturing to her brother who was stood away from the others. "And this time, Edmund went too."

Everyone's heads turned in the same direction, staring at the boy who for once in his life had remained silent. He had his arms folded over his chest as he felt uncomfortable with everyone staring at him. Zarina wondered if this was true, if he had also gone to Narnia then her chances of getting through were improving and it would come sooner rather than later.

"You...you saw the faun?" Peter wondered, knowing he couldn't shut down the rumours if his brother had also seen this place.

Edmund shook his head but didn't say anything, Lucy slowly made her way off the bed as she was curious as to what her brother did in this new land. She had enjoyed time with Mr Tumnus but Edmund had gone somewhere else and she didn't know where.