Chapter 32

Chapter Thirty Two - Opening Up

- Madeline's POV -

As I pull one of my sweatshirts over my head, my eyes are glued onto Haley's sleeping frame. I make sure to be extra careful not to wake her up when I stand up from my bed. The darkness in the room is still no match for her. She has owl vision so if she woke up, I'd be screwed.

I manage to slip my feet into a pair of shoes (hoping they match), quietly. I grab one of our keys and I make my ways towards the door. My eyes are doing a dance glancing at her and the door frequently. With one pull down, the door opens and I cringe at the squeaking noise.

Panicked, I look back at her but she hasn't budged. I let out a sigh of relief, before swinging it open more so I can properly step out. In one motion, I am out into the dark hallway and I shut the door as silent as possible.

Even though it is just a little past ten, almost everyone's lights are off. I would not mind being in bed either, but hey, I got a cute boy calling my name.

I creep down the hallway and go down the stairs quickly. I find myself outside in no time, making my way towards his dorm. I make sure to stay away from the street lamps and get there as quick as possible.

The more I sneak out, the easier it has become. I am practically a professional at this point. I find myself getting there quicker each time I go. Once I spot the building, I rush to it, walking in smoothly.

Unlike my dormitory, a majority of people still seemed to be awake. I only hoped to god that no one would see me.

I took the stairs to the third floor and made it to room four in no time. I glanced down the hallway, making sure no one was around before I knocked. The door opened swiftly and I feel my stomach turn from Martin. I don't think I'll ever get over how his face looks.

He gives me a small smile, "Hey," he says simply. I return his gesture with my own smile. He steps aside for me to walk in. I noticed he has dirtied up his room since just a few hours ago.

"Where are we going to go?" I ask, trying to make some small talk. When I turn over my shoulder, he is tying a pair of Nike's onto his feet.

"Swimming," he says, with a hint of amusement. I open my mouth almost immediately

"Hell no Martin -"

"Calm down crazy," he laughs, cutting off my raised tone. "I was just kidding," he continues to laugh as his green eyes meet mine. I give him glare of annoyance. "Besides, when have I ever told you places we go?" he says with a smirk.

"Can't blame a girl for trying," I tilt my head slightly, looking around the ceiling; his stare to intense for me.

"Come on," my head snaps down when I feel his hand slip into mine. He gives me a reassuring squeeze before he pulls me behind of him.