Chapter 34

Chapter Thirty Four - He Left

- Madeline's POV -

I don't know how to react or what to do when I look up into a pair of green eyes. Martin's eyes carry a storm and his jaw clenches harshly. Suddenly, the elevator dings and it opens. I take the opportunity to try and jerk out of his grip.

"Don't even think about it," he growls, gripping my arm even tighter, he pushes me back into the elevator. He pushes the button to close the elevator and then quickly, he pushes the one that makes it completely stop.

"Martin, stop," I raise my voice slightly, trying to squirm out of his strong hold on me. "Let go of me," I say through my gritted teeth, "You're hurting me," I plead and suddenly, his hand releases my arm.

"What the fuck, Mads?" it feels as if he his towering over me when he looks down to me. His green eyes have darkened dramatically. My throat goes dry and I feel like I have lost my voice.

"I-I, d-" I stop myself, knowing that I'll just sound like an idiot. His eyes narrow at me and I have to look away from his intense stare. I feel my heart beating out of my chest. What the hell do I say?

"Are you just going to stand there?" I look back up at him and his face hasn't relaxed at all.

"I don't know what to say," my tone is way lower than before and I don't know if it is because I am scared or because I don't want to say the wrong thing. Why is he so mad? "We're not dating," fuck, I did it again - spoke my thoughts. It seems to take him aback as he gives me an odd look.

"That's not the point," he replies quickly. My eyebrows furrow deep in confusion.

"What is it then?" I try my best to push past the lump in my throat. His eyes roam down my face, his jaw still clenching slightly.

"The point is," he starts and when he does, he walks closer to me, backing me against the wall. "One is that you were with him and two, you lied to me," he says deeply. I want to run, but I have nowhere to go.

Suddenly, my eyes divert to the stop button. If I can get to it, the elevator will continue and I can get out of here quicker. I glance back up to him and he seems to be waiting for me to say something. In one motion, I push myself off of the wall.

"Mads, stop," I feel his hand grab my again and push me hard against the wall again. My head hits it with a thud and I find myself getting angry at him.

"Why do you care?!" I finally muster up all the voice I have and yell up at him. My chest heaves up and down. I feel myself trying to hold in tears; why? I have no idea.

"I care because you lied to me," he snaps, his voice not quite up to where mine was.

"All I do nowadays is lie! All because of you!" I don't even try anymore, I let the couple of tears fall down my cheeks. Why am I crying?