Chapter 29

Chapter Twenty Nine - You Caught Us 

- Martin's POV - 

I have no idea how long I have been up and just laying on my bed, but I do know that I have a busting headache. It has been there the second I opened my eyes. It's driving me fucking nuts. To add on top of that, the back of my mind is nagging me about why I have this damn headache. 

Last night could have not gone more wrong. As much as I don't want to admit it, it was probably my fault. But she shouldn't be so sensitive... I frown at my subconscious. I do not know why I said those things and why I thought it would be a good thing to do so. God, I am such a jackass. 

Another part of me is fighting that I did say those things for a reason. Because you've begun to let her in. Fuck, maybe that's why. I may sound like a sap right now, but I cannot help it. I just hate having that pressure when it comes to relationships. And I'm fucked up enough as it is, I don't need anymore pressure on me. 

But you like her. My jaw clenches and I now do not know what to think. I mean, yes, I guess you can say I'm attracted to her but so much inside of me is saying no. I'm not good for someone like her and she's not good for someone like me. People like us are not supposed to mix. But you like her. 

"Fuck," I curse out loud, sitting up on my bed. I rub my temples for a moment, trying to calm the storm that is raging in my head. As I do so, my fingers ache in pain as well. I almost forgot about them. Just like I almost forgot about the reason of why they are like this. 

To ease my mind, I get up, quickly finding a shirt and some pants. I slip my feet into a random pair of Nike's and bolt towards the door. I open it with a swing and I jump slightly at who is standing there. 

"What are you doing here?" I spit at her. Her blonde hair is thrown up on top of her head and her green eyes match mine in a harsh gaze. 

"I'm just checking on you, chill out," she rolls her eyes and I know she wants to come in, but I am not letting that happen. 

"What the fuck, why?" my tone is stern but I don't care. Her presence is annoying me more and more each second. 

"Because you weren't here last night," she shrugs, crossing her arms over her chest. My eyes narrow at her and my jaw clenches. How did she know that? 

"Why were you here last night?" I retort back, my eyebrows creasing deeply. She licks her lips before giggling to herself. To think I've had sex with this girl one too many times makes me want to throw up. 

"I was bored," her eyes rake up and down my face. I put my hand on the door frame, leaning on it slightly. 

"Cut the shit Karlie," I say when I notice a suspicious look in her eyes. "What were you doing?" I ask her again. 

"I was bored but I guess you're not available anymore," she say, running her fingers under her nose. I cock my head to the left, my own suspicions raising. Fuck, she better not be.. I think to myself.