Chapter 4

Chapter Four - Not What I Do on Sundays

- Madeline's POV - 

"Come with me, I gotta to show you something." Haley lead me through the hallways of the dorm, waving at a few people along the way. The dorm was filled with loud ruckus, irritating my eardrums. Haley has not said anything about what she is doing or where she is taking me. 

"Where are we going?" I asked in confusion. My stomach started to rumble again and I groaned in frustration. Stomach, shut up! Sincerely, Madeline. 

"Hush," she shushed me quickly. I gave up to her. I have not known her that long, but I can already tell that she is very independent and that she likes thing to go her way. I'm kind of the same way, to a certain extent. She abruptly stopped at the end of the hall, where a large window beamed light through. 

"Okay, so as your mentor, - "

"Mentor?" I slightly smiled and laughed at the same time. For some reason I could see us becoming really good friends. The girls where I come from were very... cliquey, you could say. My friends and I, we kept to ourselves but I did talk to some of the 'popular' kids, mainly to seem nice. Hopefully all the clique stuff will not be here. That was another thing I was sick of back home, if I'm honest. 

"Yes. Mentor," she smiled as if she was proud of herself. "So, you see that building over there," she pointed out the window to the building that the tour person said to stay away from. Also the building Martin said some few words about. My stomach dropped at the thought of him. Wonder what Haley would really say if she knew we had an actual conversation. 

"Yeah, the guy talked about it on our tour of the place," I really wanted to hear what she had to say about it. Martin said the camp was lying, but how do I know he was not lying? That is what I have Haley for. 

"What did they said?" Her right eyebrow raised in curiosity. Goodness, she was so petite and tiny. Not going to lie, I'm afraid that if someone touches her she will snap in half. I also just noticed how good her makeup was done. The thick black eyeliner and long lashes (might be fake though), it framed her eyes perfectly. Unlike me, who was only allowed concealer and some lip gloss once and awhile. 

"Well first, a camper mentioned it and the tour guy went on a lecture about how it's off limits and stuff," I shrugged my shoulders. I kept my eyes on the building wondering what really happened at those parties that Martin mentioned. I had heard about parties back home, but they never appealed to me. Obviously I was not allowed to go, but something about having a 'good time' and then not being able to remember it the next morning disgust me. When I want to have a good time, I want to remember it. 

"Well, he's right unless you want to potentially get raped or something," she looked around where we were standing making sure nobody was around. 

"Wait, what?" My eyes widened in shock. Please God, say there was not girls who actually got raped. 

"Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but you get the point," she waved her hands around in a weird manner. I had to restrain myself from laughing. Wow, I wish I could just say anything I want and not care. My parents would kill me though.