24

I pull up to the club and heat the thumping beat of the music from all the way outside. Multiple cars are parked randomly in front of the club and across the street, so I find a spot and park before stepping out. The music, that was loud when I was inside of my car, is even louder and the vibrations from the bass make my entire body feel like it's pulsing. I see that there's a line of people waiting at the entrance and I finally spot Ashlyn wearing a Catwoman outfit, standing next to Aidan who's wearing a shitty batman costume. She's almost at the front of the line and she looks up and sees me. I wave and rush over to her.

"Girl, you look stunning!" She squeals, eyeing me up and down. I give Aidan a quick smile. Something about him doesn't sit right with me. He's too calm, as if he could snap at any given moment.

"You too!" I shout, looking at how the leather hugs every curve of her body.

"There's no bouncer, so we're good. Plus, a little flirting can go a long way." She says, wiggling her eyebrows. Aidan nudges her shoulder.

"I'm right here." He chuckles.

"Shh..." She presses a finger to his lips and I internally gag.

"Then what's the hold-up?" I ask.

"I don't know, someone got in a fight or something?" She shrugs.

Everyone floods through the club doors as soon as we get the chance and we're met with loud music and flashing lights. The dance floor shines under the red and green laser beams shooting out from the rotating lights attached to the ceiling. It's all so unfamiliar. I've never been to a party, let alone one at a club. There's people everywhere. And I mean everywhere. To the point that there's barely any room to breathe. Everyone's shouting, dancing to heavy bass music, and having fun. The reeking smell of alcohol lurks upon the whole place and that alone makes me want to run home.

"This is going to be so fun!!" Ashlyn squeals, jumping up and down.

How is she even jumping in heels?

I twisted my ankle wearing heels once, that's why I'm wearing converse right now. I know, I know, it's bad but I'd rather keep my foot in one piece for now.

"Let's go get a drink!" She grabs my hand and leads me over to a bar.

"You're underage!" I shout.

"Shhh! I'm turning twenty-one in a few months, anyways." She says, dismissing me with a swat of her hand. She turns around.

"Yeah, eight months!" I shout back. I'm pretty sure she didn't hear me over the loud music, or maybe she chose to ignore me.

"Hey, ladies. What can I get you started off with?" The guy behind the bar asks, twisting a rag inside of a glass. He isn't wearing a costume, just a tight white shirt that's practically see through. He has light blonde disheveled hair and dark eyes along with thin lips.

"Two shots of Vodka." Ashlyn chimes, tapping the counter twice with the palm of her hand. My eyes widen.

Vodka? Out of all the drinks, vodka??

"Coming right up," the barista smirks at both of us, turning around to get the drinks.

"Ashlyn!" I seethe. "I don't want to drink!"

"Come on! Live a little! It won't kill you!" She smiles, swaying lightly around to the music.

"I have to drive home!" I whisper-shout.

She snaps her head to the side when the barista sets our drinks down on the countertop. He mutters a quick 'enjoy' before moving to a different person.

"Aidan will drive us." She shrugs. Maybe it won't be so bad after all...

"Three..two..." Ashlyn counts down as we slide our fingers around the glass.

"One!" We tilt out heads back and swallow the liquid. I slam the glass down and crinkle my nose at the stinging sensation that burns its way down my throat.

"Okay...I'm done with that." I say through coughs, walking away. I feel a tug at my arm and suddenly I find myself standing in a crowd of people jumping around and dancing, next to Ashlyn who's enjoying herself as well. She grabs my hands and a small smile creeps to my lips as I start dancing lightly to the music.

———————-

"That was...exhausting." I sigh, sitting down at a stool. Ashlyn giggles, her energy still high up there. She's a bit tipsy. We've been dancing around for the past two hours and it's well after midnight. My hair is probably all messed up and I feel beads of sweat trickling down my face. I wipe them away with the back of my hand with a huff. I walk over to the bar where the barista gives me a small smile.

"Hi, can I get a glass of water?" I ask. He nods and quickly pours me a glass of it. I thank him and immediately chug it down.

"How ladylike." A man from behind me scoffs. I slowly spin around to him.

"Fuck off." I growl, glaring at him. He takes a few steps back before walking away completely, probably concerned for my mental sanity.

"Slay." Ashlyn holds her hand up and I high-five it.

I lean my elbow on the counter and start listening to Ashlyn's chatter, only because she's drunk, usually it's the other way around, until her eyes glance behind me twice and go wide.

"What?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows at her shocked facial expression.

"Dear me, I'd pay him to run me over..." she breathes, still looking behind me. I immediately turn back and my stomach drops along with my jaw.

Ezra.

word count: 1009
☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎

School is so mentally draining
Stay safe <3
-S